• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Please help with 23andMe results

Homogenous Results

CBS C699T ++
VDR Taq ++
MAO A R297R ++
MTHFR A1298C++

Heterogenous Results

COMT V158M +-
COMT H62H +-
MTHFR 03 P39P +-
MTRR K350A +-
MTRR A664A +-
BHMT-02 +-
BHMT-08 +-
CBS A360A +-

Please help me with a protocol and plan to help me.

I have been recently diagnosed with Chron's disease and Hypothyroidsm. Both are doing better but still have terrible fatigue, brain fog, muscle soreness, depression and hairloss.

Thank for any help I get!

Aileen

Trev, I know you need to address the CBS mutation first. I have that too and am still trying to figure out how to go about it. :( I can smell ammonia and sulfur coming out of me so I know I have a problem. Not sure whether the cause is a bacterial infection (likely) and how much is from the CBS mutation.

Valentijn

There might be a relatively mild B12 issue, due to the MTRR heterozygous variations. MTHFR looks fine, and the CBS SNPs can be ignored - they are mildly beneficial and have never ever been shown to cause any harm whatsoever. Due to slow COMT and MOAO, you might tolerate hydroxoB12 better than methylB12.

But really, there's not a lot going on there. If you want to look for other mutations, I've got threads in this subforum entitles "Interesting MTHFR variations" or "Interesting MAO variations", etc. There's also a program at http://sourceforge.net/projects/analyzemygenes/ which you can download and use to get a list of your rarest SNPs.

got Chron's in March after heavy antibiotic use and Aldara Cream a few months prior.. energy still felt great until october... started going downhill, by January couldn't get out of bed much.. sore muscles, brainfog, fatigue, hairloss, depression... was hypotyhroid... found out I have high reverse T3. felt a little better after switcting from synthroid to armour, and feel a little better switching from armour to t3 only to clear out reverse T3... been on t3 only for 1.5 weeks. what would you guess is causing my problems? my mutations are listed on my thread... i just wanted to start lifting again! lol @xks201