• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone in the Pridgen/Duffy study? Positive results emerging

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Just wondering if any members on here are in the study and how they're doing? that is if they're allowed to say...
Also secretly wondering what's to stop us just taking the Valtrex/Celebrex combo - only thing I don't know is the amounts?

Jon_Tradicionali

Alone & Wandering
Hi @maryb

I am eagerly awaiting the phase II results which were supposed to have been published on March 15th. So it's been delayed for some reason.

In regards to taking the combo taken by the patients as part of the study, Pridgen has urged anyone thinking of doing this to await the Phase II results as it will reveal the dosage you would need to take of each.

globalpilot

No,but I wish I was. He is one of the doctors that is actually doing PCR on gut biopsies - actually, the only one I know of, with a focus on HSV.

I do think Dr Montoya is prescribing Celebrex now. Someone on the board feeling much, much better on the Valtrex/celebrex combo.

Jon_Tradicionali

Alone & Wandering
W.Pridgen is on the verge of curing FM. Bringing an end to the suffering of millions worldwide. What does this mean for us?

Everything. FM and CFS as well as a handful of other disorders and syndromes are believed
to be of the same spectrum.

Pridgen:

“We got 90 percent of the results back and they are very positive,” Pridgen said. “In the next couple of weeks, we will see all the data.”

These are very exciting times as phase 2 results are expected in the next two weeks.

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20140322/NEWS/140329927?p=1&tc=pg

globalpilot

This is interesting. He says "
Phase 2 results are now coming in.

“We got 90 percent of the results back and they are very positive,” Pridgen said. “In the next couple of weeks, we will see all the data."

I assume he's speaking of the response to treatment.

I know he was also looking at this virus as a culprit in IBS. And Montoya has stated that
patients who take acyclovir for the same virus (HSV) do astonishly well.
I recently tested postive for this same virus (positive only, no idea of the actual antibody levels) so am very interested in this.

Iquitos

Phase 3 -- 2-3 years, IF they get the money soon. As always, it's still pie-in-the-sky. But I'm glad someone is working on this.

Jon_Tradicionali

Alone & Wandering
And also been reading up on the side effects of celebrex:(

Hi Mary,

If you check out Cort's website, he says he has spoken to Pridgen and was told the initial combo of Valtrex and Celebrex is in fact NOT the combo that he has used in the phase 2 trial.

Pridgen has tried many different combos and Valtrex/Celebrex was just one of them.

So we will have to wait until trial results it seems. Nevertheless, two weeks isn't too long and indeed worth it if Pridgen delivers the cure he claims to have possibly found.