• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Igenex- Tips before Lyme test?

Tiger Lily 813

Hi all,

I’m taking the Igenex test on Mon for Lyme & all co-infections.

Because it is an investment I want to be sure that I am not screwing up my own results.

The Igenex people just told me no prescription antibiotics, but didn’t seem to think natural antibiotics (ie. Olive Leaf, MSM) would be a problem.

I also went to the FIR sauna yesterday, and have been using a cheap zapper recently (can’t really tell if it is doing anything).

Are any of these things do you think going to interfere with the test? I still feel unwell; these things did not cure me yet.

Please let me know if you’ve looked into this before. I’m surprised my internet search on this subject is not bringing up much info…

Thanks so much!!!

Ema

Hi all,

I’m taking the Igenex test on Mon for Lyme & all co-infections.

Because it is an investment I want to be sure that I am not screwing up my own results.

The Igenex people just told me no prescription antibiotics, but didn’t seem to think natural antibiotics (ie. Olive Leaf, MSM) would be a problem.

I also went to the FIR sauna yesterday, and have been using a cheap zapper recently (can’t really tell if it is doing anything).

Are any of these things do you think going to interfere with the test? I still feel unwell; these things did not cure me yet.

Please let me know if you’ve looked into this before. I’m surprised my internet search on this subject is not bringing up much info…

Thanks so much!!!
Are you doing the Western Blots or a different test?

I don't think anything you've mentioned would interfere with the WBs.

Tiger Lily 813

Thanks for your info @Ema !! I'm taking these:

5010 - Initial Lyme Panel:
Includes Test 188 IgM Western Blot
189 IgG Western Blot
453 Lyme PCR, serum
456 Lyme PCR, whole blood

5090 Complete Co-Infection Panel
Babesia microti IgG & IgM, Babesia FISH, HME IgG & IgM, HGA IgG & IgM, Bartonella IgG & IgM

Ema

Thanks for your info @Ema !! I'm taking these:

5010 - Initial Lyme Panel:
Includes Test 188 IgM Western Blot
189 IgG Western Blot
453 Lyme PCR, serum
456 Lyme PCR, whole blood

5090 Complete Co-Infection Panel
Babesia microti IgG & IgM, Babesia FISH, HME IgG & IgM, HGA IgG & IgM, Bartonella IgG & IgM
You won't mess up your results with anything you've mentioned.

Just remember if your PCR is negative, it doesn't mean that you don't have Lyme. It's notoriously hard to find in blood and urine.