• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What is a good treatment for hemmorhoids?

*GG*

Preferably at home, not requiring a Drs visit, if there is even anything they can do for this? I have been dealing with this for to long!

GG

adreno

PR activist
Magnesium? Isn't the problem hard fecal matter? Perhaps a diet change, too.

*GG*

Magnesium? Isn't the problem hard fecal matter? Perhaps a diet change, too.

Hard fecal matter? No hardly the problem, but thanks for chiming in. Already take lots of magnesium, the Dr is happy with my blood testing values.

GG

tdog333

Try putting a glycerin suppository up there and letting it dissolve for about 5 minutes before each BM for the next month or so. Or just get a big tub of vaseline and gloves coat your finger really good and put it up there . I've done both for excruciating hemorrhoids and fissures. No more pain for me

maddietod

Preparation H as suppositories for inside swelling, + the lotion outside. Use it the maximum "allowed." I think sitz baths are a waste of time.

Also you can put witch hazel on a cotton pad (they sell nice little ones for removing make-up - dense enough that they don't shred apart). Get it good and damp, lay on your belly and read, and leave it laying up against the hemmorhoids until you get bored.I don't think there's any limit on how much you can do this, and it's a direct shrinking action.

*GG*

Try putting a glycerin suppository up there and letting it dissolve for about 5 minutes before each BM for the next month or so. Or just get a big tub of vaseline and gloves coat your finger really good and put it up there . I've done both for excruciating hemorrhoids and fissures. No more pain for me

@tdog333 just using vaseline works? Do you know how/why?

GG

tdog333

Well I had them very bad to the point where after each BM I would be in pain for hours and have to take oxy's or I would feel like passing out. The trick is to reduce inflammation any way you can, prep h suppositories, gluten free diet, whatever you wanna do. The next step is to figure out why you got them in the first place, is your stool very large or rough? Constant diarrhea? Pushing and straining really hard to go to the bathroom?

Vaseline will coat any fissures and hemorrhoids and allow them to not get torn up with each BM. Glycerin suppositories do the same thing. My DR recommended using the glycerin suppositories before every BM for a month and it helped a ton, but Vaseline did the exact same thing for me when I ran out.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
I am also searching for a solution for this problem. I am in a great deal of pain and the scheriproct prescribed by my GP is not working. I know the cause of mine - 4 large babies with very long pushing times during labour - last baby 10 and a half pounds!

so there is nothing I can do about that now. Mine are not bleeding, not itching, cant feel anything much, but I feel like I have been kicked in my coccyx and like I have a bowling ball up my bum! (tmi - sorry)

justy

Also just remembered I can have a tendency to C, most likely thyroid related.

I have had to cut down on fibre to help ibs gut pain issues and this has helped, so upping my fibre is not an option right now.

maddietod

I am also searching for a solution for this problem. I am in a great deal of pain and the scheriproct prescribed by my GP is not working. I know the cause of mine - 4 large babies with very long pushing times during labour - last baby 10 and a half pounds!

so there is nothing I can do about that now. Mine are not bleeding, not itching, cant feel anything much, but I feel like I have been kicked in my coccyx and like I have a bowling ball up my bum! (tmi - sorry)

What I outlined above worked for me when they prolapsed. It's not difficult or painful, it just takes a few days of keeping on top of it.

justy

Well I have just got back from the GP's office as the pain is still excruciating - cant sit or stand for very longa at all. Paracetomol not helping.

GP said NO evidence of external Haemorrhoids - no fissures, no blockage at all. He cant tell if H's internal. He said perhaps anal spasms? causing pain. My ibs means I have to 'go' at least 3-4 times in the morning, but straining can be an issue. Sorry for tmi, but need to talk to someone about it and this seems the best place to discuss bottoms!

He has prescribed tramadol for the pain (codeine was helping but causes C)

And lactulose to soften stools. Bit concerned about the lactulose as I have only just got rid of years of ibs pain. Unfortunately this involved reducing fibre in the diet.

So he reassured me that there cant be much going on down there, he said to stop the treatment for H's (been taking for a week) BUt I have just got home and stting at the desk, with a cushion for 20 minutes has brought all the pain back again.

Looking up anal spasms they can be related to straining on the loo, but also can be neurological - those with MS get them. I have over the years often had a feeling of lack of relaxation in the area, and find it hard to relax to 'go'

Don't know what to do know. The pain is awful and I cant get anything much done at the moment.

any ideas or tips? anyone used lactulose ot tramadol - but worried they will knock me out.

Justy.

Seven7

Seven
I have an aunt that told my sis to use coconut oil before going. They both swear by it now and do not use any meds.

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
Looking up anal spasms they can be related to straining on the loo, but also can be neurological - those with MS get them. I have over the years often had a feeling of lack of relaxation in the area, and find it hard to relax to 'go'

I can't add anything to what others have said for the rest, but for this issue it may possibly help to prop up your feet on a stool while you 'go'.

Visiting a really good massage therapist or myotherapist who will listen to you and be very gentle might also help.

I had to drastically reduce fiber for my IBS, too.

I hope you feel better.

golden

Homeopathic Staphysgaria would be worth researching i think.

I have never had this issue though so have no direct experience.

Good Luck

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
Visiting a really good massage therapist or myotherapist who will listen to you and be very gentle might also help.

ps, I find there are muscles in the small of my back, that if they are tight, this can bring tightness elsewhere and result in the sort of problem discussed above.