• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

B-12 Transdermoil ? What happened ?

vortex

I have seen many people mention using this transdermal b-12 product and so I eventually ordered some and have been using it, but not I went to reorder and the site or company is gone ?

Does anyone else miss this product or know what happened to it ?

I am thinking about switching to liposomal spray b-12 ?

Lynn_M

The transdermoil B-12 is still available. The company had a change in their board of directors, and ownership of the former website went with an exiting board member. They are working on a new website for ordering, but meanwhile you can find more information here: www.vitaminb12deficiency.net.au and here: http://mentorconsulting.net/TransdermalDelivery.htm .

For now, the way to order transdermoil B12 is to email the developer of the product, Dr. Gregory Russell-Jones, who is also the director of the company, Mentor Pharmaceutical Consulting. His email is russelljonesg@gmail.com. He can give you pricing information, or answer any questions you might have, and once you make arrangements with him to purchase the product, he will send you an invoice for payment via paypal. As a PhD biochemist, he is very knowledgable about biochemistry, MTHFR mutations, methylation, and related health conditions.

Not all topical B12 products have the chemistry to be absorbable and utilized by the body. Greg has been most generous in sharing his knowledge about B12 chemistry with me and the reasons why his product is so efficacious and some others aren't. I have been using his trandermoil B12 since April 2013 and am very pleased with my outcome. He understands the importance of B12 to many of us and has promised to continue availability of his product.

I have no financial interest in this product, but I like to promote it because I think it's a great product and I want to help assure it stays available. The volume of sales needs to be sufficient to make it financially viable. Greg would like to run a clinical trial, but these things cost a lot of money, so selling more product would help bring in the funds to make that possible.

Last edited:

Lynn_M

There is a new website for ordering the B12 transderm oil airless pumps. The website is b12oils.com. They have a choice of hydroxyl, methyl/adenosyl/, adenosyl, methyl/hydroxyl, or methyl B12, as well as one with a mixed group of B vitamins.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@Lynn_M

Gregg couldn't have been more helpful to me as well, one of my purchases leaked in transit and he replaced it immediately. Hope this company does well, so many of us can't tolerate oral vit Bs.

GhostGum

I got my methyl/adenosyl today.

Just wondering what a normal dose looks like applied, did one squirt on the forearm, spread out and rubbed in with the finger it basically ended up covering half my forearm; didn't over kill the dose did I?

Also how does this transdermal compare to an injection?

Lynn_M

GhostGum,
As long as you did just one pump of the applicator, I don't believe you over did the dose. I have found each pump to give a very consistent dosage, except when you get down to the very end. Then it may take several pumps to equal a full dose.

This transdermal method is supposed to be comparable to a subcutaneous injection and superior to an IM dosage in that the B12 is absorbed more slowly and evenly into the tissues.

GhostGum

GhostGum,
As long as you did just one pump of the applicator, I don't believe you over did the dose. I have found each pump to give a very consistent dosage, except when you get down to the very end. Then it may take several pumps to equal a full dose.

This transdermal method is supposed to be comparable to a subcutaneous injection and superior to an IM dosage in that the B12 is absorbed more slowly and evenly into the tissues.

Thanks for the reply Lynn. Might have just been that a bit more came out in the first dose due to working the air out of the pump.

One last question, how long do you leave it on the skin for, before washing it off? Assuming you wash it off.

Cheers.

Lynn_M

Oh no, don't wash it off. I pump the B12 oil into the cup of my hand, and then apply the oil to clean, dry skin. I would estimate that each dose is around 1/16 of a tsp. Rub the oil into the skin. It will take less than a minute to become fully absorbed.

Sometimes, especially when the pump is nearing empty, the red oil coming out will splatter. That's why I pump it into my hand, so that it if it does splatter, it's not aimed towards my clothing, but contained in my palm.

GhostGum

Oh no, don't wash it off. I pump the B12 oil into the cup of my hand, and then apply the oil to clean, dry skin. I would estimate that each dose is around 1/16 of a tsp. Rub the oil into the skin. It will take less than a minute to become fully absorbed.

Sometimes, especially when the pump is nearing empty, the red oil coming out will splatter. That's why I pump it into my hand, so that it if it does splatter, it's not aimed towards my clothing, but contained in my palm.

Actually I was leaving it for like an hour then washing the colour off my arm, did not want to walk around all day with half a red arm. If it only takes a minute all good then.

Do you take a sublingual form as well? Noticed this with all of the supplement lists but I am assuming with the oil it is not necessary.

Lynn_M

GhostGum,
You need to rub the B12 oil in well when you first apply it. You shouldn't have any color left on your arm from the B12 oil after a brief period of rubbing.

I took sublingual before I started using the transdermal B12, but I no longer use it, because it is no longer necessary as long as I'm using the transderm formulation.

vortex

I use it and like it, it is so easy, but I cant order anymore and no emails returned.

I guess this new b12oils site is not operating either.

Lynn_M

The b12oils.com site came up just fine for me right now. I didn't try to order though. I have written to Greg asking if there is any problem with ordering.

b12oils.com is a very small company, and if Greg is out-of-town or out-of-country at a conference, there can be a few days delay in getting a response from him.

I would like to clarify my earlier response to GhostGum. It only takes 5-10 seconds to rub in the b12 transdermal oil so that the red color disappears. Rubbing is critical to helping the b12 oil get absorbed into the skin, so I usually rub maybe 30 seconds.

fibrodude84

Wouldnt this be more popular if it worked? So many have b12 deficiency and absorption problems. Has anyone tested their bloods before and after? I guess I'm wondering why it's not generating more buzz and the products being pulled if it's effective.

sueami

This sounds very intriguing. I wonder what the concentration per ml is. It's a decent price if the absorption rate really is comparable to a subQ injection, presuming the dose is 1mg/ml.

@garyfritz have you seen this MB12 option?

garyfritz

No, I haven't. @Lynn_M, do you know the dosages on these products? The b12oils.com site says there are 50 doses per bottle, but no indication of what's in a dose.

Lynn_M

Back in March 2013, Greg of B12oils told me that each dose from the pump delivers 2 mg (2000 mcg) of Vitamin B12, of which he calculates over 80% goes into the skin.

The company switched to a different manufacturer's pump this spring, so I don't know if the dosing has changed any because of that. I'm still using up a pump I purchased before the switch.

I have been using one pump a day of the adenosyl/methyl B12 transdermoil ever since mid-March 2013. I see my doctor in October and will be asking for methylation testing then. Prior to starting transdermoils, and while taking sublingual mB12, a Spectracell micronutrient test, which measures what is in the lymphocytes, showed I was deficient in B12. Dr. Ben Lynch and Dr. Bill Walsh think whole blood histamine is the best test of methylation ability, so I will ask for that. The serum B12 test measures both active and inactive forms of B12, so the results from that test can be quite misleading.

garyfritz

OK, thanks Lynn. The absorption level is very helpful! Wish I had a better feel for the absorption level of Country Life 5mg, which is what I'm using now. I'm taking 20mg of CL and 4mg of dibencozide/adB12. One pump a day would be really great, especially if it WORKS. I'll have to give this a try.

I assume it absorbs slowly enough that you feel good throughout the day? Heck, I'd be happy with TWO pumps/day if it kept my symptoms at bay.

Rand56

Hi Lynn

Just a word of advice. The general consensus from people on body building forums, who use a lot of transdermals, is that you don't want to use your bare palm when applying transdermals. The skin on your palm is thicker and thus harder to absorb. Obviously wherever else you are applying it to will absorb better, but still some will be left on your palm. If you want to apply it to an area where using your palm makes it easier to apply, then just use a latex free vinyl glove.

Rand

Lynn_M

I use it and like it, it is so easy, but I cant order anymore and no emails returned.
I guess this new b12oils site is not operating either.

fibrodude wrote:"Wouldnt this be more popular if it worked? So many have b12 deficiency and absorption problems. Has anyone tested their bloods before and after? I guess I'm wondering why it's not generating more buzz and the products being pulled if it's effective."

The b12oils.com site is still working, the product has not been pulled, and you can still order B12 transdermal oil.
Just as I suspected, Greg was out of town for about a week and was out of email contact. He's back and able to respond to inquiries now.

Regarding the B12 oil effectiveness. I know the b12oils was effective enough after two months of use that my methyl malonic acid (a B12 measure) on a Great Plains OAT test was mid-point of the reference range. I had previously tested as B12 deficient on a Spectracell Micronutrient Test. I'm planning on more testing next month.

This product was only released to the market in April 2013. Right now it's reliant on word of mouth for spreading awareness of the product. I suppose as more people try the product and have testing to affirm its effectiveness, it will take off more. If Freddd ever gave his stamp of approval, I'm sure it's use would spread like wildfire among PR users, but I doubt if he is even aware of this product.

garyfritz

@Lynn_M, why not tell Freddd about it? I'm sure he'd be interested. If it's a good product, it's in all our best interests to make the business successful.