• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Yet another 23andme interpretation request. Thank you.

mpw

I hope this is the correct forum. Does anyone have thoughts on my results.

A little background. CFS for 18 years. I do have a chronic infection and am pretty sure that's what's causing the CFS, but I wanted to see if any these results have any relevance to the CFS. I do not tolerate B complex (it's like being in a coma) supplements. I can only take 8.25mg of B6 and it seems that B12 also causes more fatigue. I haven't decided with 5-folate causes more fatigue or not. Will have to test that again. Although I am homozygous for the MTHFR A1298C mutation I do have elevated homocysteine levels. At 2000mg of folate my homocysteine is 9

Thank you very very much for any insight.

MTHFR 03 P39P +/+
MTHFR A1298C +/+

VDR Bsm +/+
MAO-A R297R +/+
MTRR A66G +/+
MTRR A664A +/+

COMT V158M +/-
COMT H62H +/-
BHMT-02 +/-
CBS C699T +/-
CBS A360A +/-

Allyson

A little background. CFS for 18 years. I do have a chronic infection and am pretty sure that's what's causing the CFS, but I wanted to see if any these results have any relevance to the CFS. I do not tolerate B complex (it's like being in a coma) supplements. I can only take 8.25mg of B6 and it seems that B12 also causes more fatigue. I haven't decided with 5-folate causes more fatigue or not. Will have to test that again. Although I am homozygous for the MTHFR A1298C mutation I do have elevated homocysteine levels. At 2000mg of folate my homocysteine is 9

sorry I can t help

I tested negative for MTFHR muattion tho

this is often a problem with 23 and me it seems - people cannot understand the results
Yakso may be better for this - I have not had full gene testing yet

My geneticist says full genetic testing is getting cheaper every day so hopefully this situation will change soon.
Hope someone can help you with it.

CHeers

Ally

Valentijn

MTRR A66G means that you might benefit from B12 supplementation. Which form did you try before? MethylB12 causes some people problems, but other people need it.

mpw

MTRR A66G means that you might benefit from B12 supplementation. Which form did you try before? MethylB12 causes some people problems, but other people need it.

Thank you so much for the reply. I was taking Methyl B12. I'm going to have to try it again. I was taking folate, B12 and B6 (all the active proper forms). Decided to drop them all, but I know I need to go back to the folate sooner rather than later. Perhaps I'll retry the B12 and folate without the B6 since I know for sure larger doses of B6 do cause more fatigue. I have never felt B12 make any difference in fatigue. I can't imagine it would in my state. Thank you again.

Valentijn

Thank you so much for the reply. I was taking Methyl B12. I'm going to have to try it again. I was taking folate, B12 and B6 (all the active proper forms). Decided to drop them all, but I know I need to go back to the folate sooner rather than later. Perhaps I'll retry the B12 and folate without the B6 since I know for sure larger doses of B6 do cause more fatigue. I have never felt B12 make any difference in fatigue. I can't imagine it would in my state. Thank you again.
HydroxoB12 might make a difference as well, instead of MethylB12.