• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

XMRV Positive in the U.K.

CBS

Apparently XMRV can swim (insert smiley face doing the backstroke)!

Seriously - I think there may very well be something to the methology issue. Posiitves at VIP Dx and nothing out of Cooperative Diagnostics. Hmmm?

Hope you're feeling OK about your results.

THANK YOU for posting this!

K

Katie

Oh my gosh, that's... I still haven't worked out the XMRV congratulations/comiseration post yet. I know how much you wanted to know and I'm glad that the smilies mean you got the answer you were hoping for.

How do you feel? That's an optional question which you don't have to answer. Also, what does your doctor think? If he knows yet. Again, optional, I don't want to pressure you at all.

I'm eating merrily :)

joyscobby

I am fine with it maybe the answer to an over 20 year puzzle. I was one of the London lot that did the VIPdx test. My Doc was fine about it but at a loss as to what it means and how he can help but no one knows yet.

Tom

windows exterminator
I've looked at this for 15 minutes and still don't know what to say..I think your smileys say all the thoughts that are buzzing around.

G

George

You were one of the 500!????

I am fine with it maybe the answer to an over 20 year puzzle. I was one of the London lot that did the VIPdx test. My Doc was fine about it but at a loss as to what it means and how he can help but no one knows yet.

I know some day I'm going to get tested and I'd be heartbroken not to have my very own retrovirus (grins). So does this mean that the results from the London 500 are in????

OMG this is so cool. Take that Wessley!

joyscobby

No one of a small group who did it private Sorry should of put all this in 1st post but you will understand head not there. Don't want to start on the Wessely stuff as I would get put of the site for the language I would use right now. We (the group tested) did not need this added pressure and I believe that by the timing that it was an attempt at a peemptive strike at us. Will deal with all that later when more able

by the way george I love your sense of houmor.

leelaplay

THANK YOU so much for posting this joyscobby. I'm all aflutter and admire your aplomb. So security gates don't kill xmrv - who'da thunk it?

I can add you to my list of important people I 'know' - UK XMRV Patient #1

So glad you're good with knowing. But, if you ever have moments of difficulty - you know we're here if that will help.

islandfinn:)

G

George

Big Grins and Hugs

No one of a small group who did it private Sorry should of put all this in 1st post but you will understand head not there. Don't want to start on the Wessely stuff as I would get put of the site for the language I would use right now. We (the group tested) did not need this added pressure and I believe that by the timing that it was an attempt at a peemptive strike at us. Will deal with all that later when more able

by the way george I love your sense of houmor.

Gee, I just can't imagine why you're not like totally together at what 10 o'clock at night.

Uuuuuuuu, hugs and hugs and bigger hugs. Now tell all. Do you know if anyone else in the group tested positive? Was it a long drive, have you had dinner yet? Have you called all of your friends and family yet?

G

George

Oh and forget Wessley he's dead in the water. That boy's likely to be looking for new employment this time next year. (superior doggie sniffs)

joyscobby

George
I cannot speak for others so won't comment on that. Going to get tested was a long journey, 7 hours by train but my results were given to me on the phone by my Doc. It is just before 8pm here and I have told all the people I have to.

Trust a dog to think about food - my dinner is in the oven but do not know if I can eat right now. As a cat I am thinking about sleep and how I am going to get some

By the way mods if you can think of a better google catching title Please Change it

G

George

Laughing

George
I cannot speak for others so won't comment on that. Going to get tested was a long journey, 7 hours by train but my results were given to me on the phone by my Doc. It is just before 8pm here and I have told all the people I have to.

Trust a dog to think about food - my dinner is in the oven but do not know if I can eat right now. As a cat I am thinking about sleep and how I am going to get some

By the way mods if you can think of a better google catching title Please Change it

Eat, Sleep and be Merry, for tomorrow we go to war! (grins)

Countrygirl

XMRV is in the U.K.

debated about this but cannot stay silent . I just got my results and am +ve for culture -ve PCR

:victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::eek::Sign Help::headache::worried::eek::balloons:

Joyscobby - I just don't know what is the right thing to say. I think you are chuffed to bits......it says something about our history when we are actually pleased to be told we have a retrovirus!

You have probably told us about your illness, blowed if I can remember. Please - for those of us who have few memory cells left - tell us more about onset and symptoms.

Congrats :balloons: I think :confused: and certainly :victory: :victory: :victory: But also :eek:

This is a landmark in the history of M.E. I can't imagine how it feels. The more I think about the possible repercussions of your result.........WoW! :victory: :victory: :victory:

:hug:

Warmest wishes,
C.G.

bullybeef

I can only imagine how life changing these results are for you, JS. I bet you dont know whether the laugh or cry.

I wouldnt put it past Wessley to say, it maybe in Scotland, but it isnt in London!

Great news Joyscobby! Hopefully this can be the beginning of the end of your ME/CFS. I was also planing to take the test in mid December in London but had to postpone the trip from Sweden. Did you wait long for the results?

dsdmom

Thanks so much for sharing. I know there's not much you can do with this info right now but it means a great deal to those of us who are interested in learning more about the *geography* of XMRV.

joyscobby

It is surreal and mind blowing and it crossed my mind so many times over the years that there might be a retrovirus connection.
long complex history of well over 20 years but main ones
given blood in 1977 after 1st son
had lots of gyne issues (long story)
got chicken pox at 24
tested for coxackie B when diagnosed 1st as PVFS mid to late 80's ( meaning to find out when exactly)
had ups and downs but last 10 years bad and last 2 realy bad.
1st sons healthy 2nd son with learning difficulties and asthma exzema etc

Also dyslexic all my life

went into ME closet around 1990 about started coming out 2 years ago.

Found this forum and the rest is history