• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

March 10-11, 2014 - Second IOM ME Redefinition Meeting

More Project Information and to provide FEEDBACK on the Project

Meeting Information

Project Title: Diagnostic Criteria for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

PIN: IOM-BSP-13-05

Major Unit:
Institute of Medicine

Sub Unit:
Board on the Health of Select Populations

RSO:
Mundaca, Carmen

Subject/Focus Area:
Health and Medicine

IOM MECFS - Committee Meeting 2
March 10, 2014 - March 11, 2014

Keck Center
500 5th Street, NW
Washington D.C. 20001

If you would like to attend the sessions of this meeting that are open
to the public or need more information please contact:

Contact Name: IOM MECFS Study
Email: mecfs@nas.edu
Phone: 202-334-3169
Fax: 202-334-2685

Agenda:
This meeting is closed in its entirety.
Closed Session Summary Posted After the Meeting

The following committee members were present at the closed sessions of the meeting:

The following topics were discussed in the closed sessions:

The following materials (written documents) were made available to the committee in the closed sessions:

Date of posting of Closed Session Summary:

Does anyone know when an injunction is going to be issued to put a halt to these while being investigated?

Nielk

I didn't hear about anything being filed. Thus is the second meeting of the IOM study and it is completely closed. We don't know what the agenda is not what will be discussed. This work is meant to be done in secrecy. They will probably have another three meetings and none of them need to be open to the public. They have already fulfilled their obligation of asking for the input of patients in at least one open meeting.