• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Aerobic Oxygen

peggy-sue

"Aerobic oxygen" sounds like some pseudoscientific concept. It is quite meaningless, scientifically speaking.

I don't trust anything which relies on "testimonials". I reckon this is just somebody's "get rich quick" scheme.

golden

Lol thanks for your input peggy sue :)

The NHS staff over the years who have recommended it to me (out of NHS context) had me curious but am now exploring it further.

golden

Thanks Minkeygirl :)

I am sorry it didn't help but relieved to hear it didn't make things worse.

I am scared of trying it - but want to. ...

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I wouldn't be afraid to try it, I just didn't notice much. Also I was healthier than I am now so maybe I didn't notice anything. It's certainly cheap enough to give it a shot. In fact that gives me an idea to put that on my list of things to try again.

I just found this. I like to order from them because you can returned open things for free.

http://www.pureformulas.com/oxygen-...hforce-nutritionals.html#sthash.NgpKNXIC.dpbs

Martial

I wouldn't call it bogus oxygen therapy is actually a very common medical practice.. More formally though it is called HBOT, hyperbaric oxygen therapy.. Though this is a machine they place you in with pressurized oxygen to promote proper blood flow and to fully oxyginize the body. It is especially used for issues like carbon monoxide poisening and many hospitals carry it.

Never heard of a supplement that promotes oxygen though, sounds interesting but if you really want results with something like that look into someone offering HBOT. Make sure it is the approved version though, a lot of alternative clinics use a very cheap version that offers way less oxygen then needed. It has to be a recognized and approved provider.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/hyperbaric-oxygen-therapy/basics/definition/prc-20019167

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@golden I'm going to ask my naturopath about this when I talk to her on the 21st. She uses Hyperbaric Chambers so I'm guessing she knows about this.

This is interesting because I just got an rx for Singulair, an asthma medicine to help when I feel like I can't get enough air into my lungs because I'm so fatigued.

I can tell it is helping, I have much less brain fog and it seems to help with the fatigue.

peggy-sue

You might be better off trying a pressure chamber, if there is one anywhere near you.

They are operated by MS sociaties and groups, but are generally very welcoming of folk with ME.

I've just been reading a bit more of the site.
I don't like this statement;

"Stabilised Aerobic Oxygen kills all anaerobic (infectious) bacteria while leaving untouched bacteria that is harmless/good for you. Friendly bacteria play a very important role in the general health of the body."

Anaerobic does not mean infectious.

Bacteria (plural) should be followed by "that are", not "that is", so it's atrocious english as well as a lie.

No treatment lkills specifically only bad bacteria, while sparing the good.

eta;

Seems a fair few of us reckon HBOT would be better. (all posting at the same time!) I'd forgotten the official name

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
I would strongly advise against taking anything that claims to kill a substantial range of bacteria internally. Gut dysbiosis may be part of the cause of ME, and messing it up further could make things worse. This 'supplement' is a kind of bleach.

peggy-sue

There's a chamber in my home town, Minkeygirl. I think it costs under $10 a session.
Things are very different when you have compulsory insurance etc. We don't have that here.

MeSci, you used a big difficult word. :p (tautology)

peggy-sue

It doesn't seem to claim to be the same as MMS, (bleach) but it also does not tell you what is in it.
Under "how it works" it does not tell you how it works.

I don't think I'd risk $14 on it.

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
It doesn't seem to claim to be the same as MMS, (bleach) but it also does not tell you what is in it.
Under "how it works" it does not tell you how it works.

I don't think I'd risk $14 on it.

I spent quite a lot of time finding info on this some time ago, as someone on another forum was taking it and others were thinking about it.

Here are some reviews.

Hyperbaric oxygen therapy makes sense. Aerobic oxygen doesn't.

Aileen

I have extremely limited scientific understanding, but from what I have learned in chemistry class, I don't see how it is possible for the oxygen to be doing something and not produce free radicals. For oxygen to be active, it is interacting with other elements, which means being broken up, thus producing free radicals. If it is not producing free radicals, I'm not sure that it can be doing anything.:cautious:

golden

@golden I'm going to ask my naturopath about this when I talk to her on the 21st. She uses Hyperbaric Chambers so I'm guessing she knows about this.

This is interesting because I just got an rx for Singulair, an asthma medicine to help when I feel like I can't get enough air into my lungs because I'm so fatigued.

I can tell it is helping, I have much less brain fog and it seems to help with the fatigue.

I would be very interested to hear the views of your naturopath too - if you get a chance to relay them.

I think the 'Good for you Canada Corp ' claims to have the 'real' formula.....

But I remain frightener of it. Esp. Some of the chilling testimonies provided by MeSci from Amazon.

It could be though that they should have started at a very low dose - like a drop.

10 drops is supposed to increase the oxygen content of a cup of water by 400% ish. But I haven't looked into ANY of it yet or the hows and whys.

I am also scared of the HBOT lol :) i think this could be a problem for my head...

golden

I have extremely limited scientific understanding, but from what I have learned in chemistry class, I don't see how it is possible for the oxygen to be doing something and not produce free radicals. For oxygen to be active, it is interacting with other elements, which means being broken up, thus producing free radicals. If it is not producing free radicals, I'm not sure that it can be doing anything.:cautious:

These days taking something that doesn't do anything, i am happy about cos reading some of the testimonies mesci provided people were vomiting, at deaths door, cramping etc.

I couldn't bare that....