• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My working hypothesis

wastwater

Im working around discovering things in myself that suggest a primary immunodeficiency linked to chromosome 6 involving microglial activation

Navid

Im working around discovering things in myself that suggest a primary immunodeficiency linked to chromosome 6 involving microglial activation
what does this mean and is there anyway to address the problems.

wastwater

Primary Immunodeficiency just means you inherited a faulty immune system rather than acquired it through say a virus.I think chromosome 6 maybe important because it is where the HLA human leukocyte antigen gene complex is found,also I have a rare disorder on that chromosome,there is a mention of Ehler Danlos also,and its thought to be implicated in MS and Schizophrenia.Ive seen a study suggesting minocycline an antibiotic maybe able to calm microglial activation.Ive seen this mentioned in MS and Autism circles too