• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Quick Question - Should I be taking methylcobalamin or hydroxocobalamin?

veganmua

DNA results are in my signature. Which one should I be on, or perhaps both? COMT +/+ says I should have hydroxocobalamin and avoid methylcobalamin, but MTR -/+, MTRR A664A +/+ and MTRR A66G +/+ say I need to take methylcobalamin. What do I do? I am on methylcobalamin but I don't seem to be improving much.

Thanks!

Martial

If you are using Fred's full protocol I would say stick with Methyl but if you are using something different perhaps the hydro?

The only thing I know about Hydro is it is often used for bipolar or schizo where methyl b12 might make them more emotionally charged? I think...

anyways I hope you find what works for you!

PQQ and COQ10 alongside the methylation supplements would be helpful!

-Todd

DNA results are in my signature. Which one should I be on, or perhaps both? COMT +/+ says I should have hydroxocobalamin and avoid methylcobalamin, but MTR -/+, MTRR A664A +/+ and MTRR A66G +/+ say I need to take methylcobalamin. What do I do? I am on methylcobalamin but I don't seem to be improving much.

Thanks!
Hi,

Can I ask how you got the DNA tests? I'm in London and researching for a friend and it would be good to mention this to her.

Cheers Richard.

veganmua

Hi,

Can I ask how you got the DNA tests? I'm in London and researching for a friend and it would be good to mention this to her.

Cheers Richard.

23andme. They ship to the UK. $99 plus $70 for international shipping. Worth it, in my opinion. Then you can put the results through geneticgenie and nutrahacker. Good luck to your friend!