• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

More weird reactions to glutathione

Womble

I've been experimenting with glutathione for several months now.

I am finding that I have 2 completely different reactions to glutathione.

Sometimes I take it and I feel pain relief and a tingling feeling in my body and it helps me to sleep. Then during the upcoming hours I have more energy.

There are other times I take glutathione and I get horrible pain from it in my legs and body, and probably brain inflammation that causes me to almost scream out loud, and this can last 3-4 hours even.

Any theories as to what is going on?

Critterina

I've been experimenting with glutathione for several months now.

I am finding that I have 2 completely different reactions to glutathione.

Sometimes I take it and I feel pain relief and a tingling feeling in my body and it helps me to sleep. Then during the upcoming hours I have more energy.

There are other times I take glutathione and I get horrible pain from it in my legs and body, and probably brain inflammation that causes me to almost scream out loud, and this can last 3-4 hours even.

Any theories as to what is going on?
There has to be something else going on...you'll probably need to journal very carefully about everything, not just what you eat and take (supplementally). What is your leg pain like? Deep ache? Cramp? Tingly, stabby, hot, pressure? Skin, joints, muscle, bone? Not that I'd know what that means, btw.

adreno

PR activist
Lots of people seem to react negatively to glutathione. I would work on making your body make your own glutathione, not supply it exogenously.

Womble

Lots of people seem to react negatively to glutathione. I would work on making your body make your own glutathione, not supply it exogenously.

Good idea, do you know how to do that?

I saw some suggestions in the link that was posted, which do you recommend, or do you recommend something else?

Womble

Detox maybe?

Saying "you're detoxing" whenever someone reacts negatively to Glutathione is a bit simplistic.

What are the detox symptoms exactly?

What is a typical reaction to glutathione, and how do you know when its working positively for you instead of against you?

Martial

I said maybe because I have no clue, Other then sometimes when I am severly deficient in something and start it up I get feelings of being way more ill from Detox...

For example starting b12 treatment caused severe fatigue, and huge neurological pains, and hyper sensitivity to pain.. As well as a few other supplements, my friends said the same about using vitamin D after being severely deficient as well.

adreno

PR activist
Good idea, do you know how to do that?

I saw some suggestions in the link that was posted, which do you recommend, or do you recommend something else?
You need to get your methylation cycle running properly, then you will produce your own glutathione. Rich Van K has written extensively on this; basically you need b12 and folate (in the right forms and right amounts). You could perhaps start with 200mcg methylfolate and 500mcg sublingual methylcobalamin and work your way from there. According to Rich's protocol you will need at least 400mcg folate and 2000mcg b12 for the cycle to run properly.

beaverfury

beaverfury
Sometimes I take it and I feel pain relief and a tingling feeling in my body and it helps me to sleep. Then during the upcoming hours I have more energy

I'm glad someone else has this reaction. I can use sublingual glutathione just before sleep to stop pain and to calm me down. I don't know why it has this effect.

I don't do it often as both Fredd and Rich recommend against it. I think they said it can actually lower intracellular glutathione.