• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Open Medicine Institute

shah78

The site's first page says it all. 99% drugs and high tech crap! 1% natural substances. We have a Desease of Civilization. We do not need any more "civilization". Paleo diet+cold adaption+Freddddddd's masterpiece+EMF/grounding+high quality body work for pain+resistant starch+sunlight +darkness for sleep + good/frequent sex. The answers are within this website. And most are free or almost free.

Hi Xhale,

If you do a google site search here, you will find many threads on Dr. Kogelnik.

Sushi

Yea I see many talking about his papers and what not....

Althought i haven't seen anyone on here who has met with him or gone to the Open Medicine Institute

The site's first page says it all. 99% drugs and high tech crap! 1% natural substances. We have a Desease of Civilization. We do not need any more "civilization". Paleo diet+cold adaption+Freddddddd's masterpiece+EMF/grounding+high quality body work for pain+resistant starch+sunlight +darkness for sleep + good/frequent sex. The answers are within this website. And most are free or almost free.

Just cause that worked for you doesnt mean it will work for everyone else.....

Sometimes we need those drugs and high tech crap

shah78

Here's my point. If you need the drugs and high tech crap, they will work one to two levels of magnitude greater if your lifestyle is in tune with your genome. Why doesn;t this make sense? The mitochodria have to be working correctly (see:Freddd/Radio/Shah78) so you can use the synthetic poisons the allopaths are "pushing" and detox them. Where is the disagreement? Use the drugs and high tech crap,(if that's what turns you on) but give the Natural stuff, the Human stuff a chance to heal you first. Peace.

Kati

Patient in training
I am a patient of Dr K and have been for 2years now. He is extremely intelligent and compassionate. i am extremely lucky and proud to call him my doctor.

As for any other doctors, you need to be aware of their background and how they treat patients. for instance, Dr Chia will not treat his patients the same way as Dr Kogelnik. Dr Peterson and Dr Klimas also have different approaches.

You need to find the right fit for you and no one else.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Yea I see many talking about his papers and what not....

Althought i haven't seen anyone on here who has met with him or gone to the Open Medicine Institute

There are a number of threads on patient experiences too.

Sushi

I am a patient of Dr K and have been for 2years now. He is extremely intelligent and compassionate. i am extremely lucky and proud to call him my doctor.

As for any other doctors, you need to be aware of their background and how they treat patients. for instance, Dr Chia will not treat his patients the same way as Dr Kogelnik. Dr Peterson and Dr Klimas also have different approaches.

You need to find the right fit for you and no one else.

Thanks! Good to hear!

Any experiences with Dr. Kaufman at OMI?

IreneF

Dr. Kogelnik worked at Stanford with Dr. Montoya. He left Stanford because he wanted more flexibility in treating patients. He's got at least one project going with the CDC.

He will do a lot of testing, including natural killer cell function, and he uses drugs such as Valcyte and Rituxan. I don't think he's a part of any insurance networks, but he helps you get insurance coverage. I thought his fees were average to low.

Kati

Patient in training
If I were you I'd worry about who the right fit for you is. Personal experiences don't matter as eachone of us is more comfortable with one style rather than another.
What matters is
-how far you're willing and able to travel
-whether you can afford it (sadly)
-whether you are able or not and willing to take some risks, to a degree.
-whether the chosen physician has the right fit for you (treatments, testing, etc)

You are 'buying' into a package deal, to a certain degree, at least for now.
Results and experiences will vary. There are no promises of recovery. That's all I can say.

Last edited: