• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Transfer Factor advice

I wanted to try transfer factor for my CFS and needed some advice, anyone out there have any info on the best source to get it from? My killer cell count low so hoping it can bring it up. with TF.

SOC

I have had some luck with ProHealth's Transfer Factor 200 which is supposed to have transfer factors for hhv6 and several other infections including ebv, I think.

They can't say on the website which TF products are for which infections, but they can tell you if you call and ask.

Antivirals worked far better, though.

Drs Klimas and Rey, who are very knowledgeable about immunology in me/CFS, often use inosine for NK cell deficiencies. I believe you need to pulse it, not take the same dose continuously. You can search PR and probably find a dosing schedule.

Hi SOC. the thing is i dont have any viral symposiums ever , so before i try valycte and valtrex I was interested in the transfer factor. where did you get yours and did you do the specific kinds of general.

SOC

Hi SOC. the thing is i dont have any viral symposiums ever , so before i try valycte and valtrex I was interested in the transfer factor. where did you get yours and did you do the specific kinds of general.
I believe that the whole point of transfer factors is that they are antigen-specific, that is, targeted to specific pathogens. If you don't have symptoms of infection, I don't see the point of taking transfer factors.

I used ProHealth products. The one I used had transfer factors for hhv6, ebv, and several more common pathogens, I think.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@SOC, what transfer factor did you use? I cannot take Valtrex because of bad side effects and I'm having problems with Famvir. Valcyte is not an option.

hey SOC. I ended up going with Chisolm Labs ImmunoFactor 2. I tracked down their phone number, they have no website.

They also sold me Beta Glucan which I am taking for a week before beginning the transfer factor.

I chose Chisolm because they have 100mg's of TF in their capsules as opposed to ProHealth's 10mg's of TF per capsule.

that was my second choice, i will maybe try that too. plsmyc doesnt need to be iced for shipment which makes it way cheaper too.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Last edited: