• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Some Questions on B12

Martial

Freddd has an entire protocol written on this in the alternative treatment section.

He suggests in specific doses as follows

ado b12, methyl b12, methyl folate, and l carnatine fumarate.

Injections can help if you are more deficient..

always stick with methyl if you are looking to do freddd's protocol.. In my opinion the best one out there.. Be ready to take in a ton of potassium though!

gettinbetter

Freddd has an entire protocol written on this in the alternative treatment section.

He suggests in specific doses as follows

ado b12, methyl b12, methyl folate, and l carnatine fumarate.

Injections can help if you are more deficient..

always stick with methyl if you are looking to do freddd's protocol.. In my opinion the best one out there.. Be ready to take in a ton of potassium though!

Martial

You would have to check for people in your area that do it, you could also purchase it online and inject yourself.. I think there is a company called trim nutrition that sells it..

Injections are obviously far more potent then lozenges.. one shot of 1000 mg is the equivalent of 30,000 mg of lozenges, this is because only a small amount of a lozenge is actually utilized the rest comes out in urine. Also hydro and cyano b12 have to bypass the digestive tract which can be a problem for some, these both have to be converted to methyl in the body as well.. Another reason for methyl supplementation as a better option, ideally throw in that adob12 and L carnatine Fumarate as well though!

Be sure to stay on top of other b vitamin levels as an excessive b12 intake can lower other levels.. Also even if you do not use freddd's protocol be sure to supplement with methyl folate as well.. taking methyl b12 without folate will lead to poor absorption and lower folate levels.

Freddd

Thanks

Is there a sublingual Methlyl as good as injectable?
Where can I get injectable Methyl ?
Thanks

Hi Gettinbetter,

A 1mg injection of 5 star MeCbl is equivalent to about 5mg of a 5 star MeCbl. So the Country Life Methyl B12 which I'm part way through testing, when held for 45-120 minutes between lip and gum absorbs approximately 750-1250mcg and is fully equivalent to an injection and far more reliable. In my experience of injecting for 7 years somewhere between 1 batch in 5 to 1 batch in 10 were 5 star.

It takes absorption of between 1mg and 30mg no matter how it is done for it to be visible in the urine. That is the proof that it got into the blood in the first place and the quantity it takes reflects folate status. In methyltrap the b12 pours out at a high rate in the urine, less so with folinic acid, less so with folic acid even less with some methylfolate and it almost disappears with full Methylfolate sufficiency. It costs me about $8/day for sublingual 5 star b12s to equal about $40/day worth of injectable MeCbl and then another dollar worth of sublingual AdoCbl daily

gettinbetter

Hi Gettinbetter,

A 1mg injection of 5 star MeCbl is equivalent to about 5mg of a 5 star MeCbl. So the Country Life Methyl B12 which I'm part way through testing, when held for 45-120 minutes between lip and gum absorbs approximately 750-1250mcg and is fully equivalent to an injection and far more reliable. In my experience of injecting for 7 years somewhere between 1 batch in 5 to 1 batch in 10 were 5 star.

It takes absorption of between 1mg and 30mg no matter how it is done for it to be visible in the urine. That is the proof that it got into the blood in the first place and the quantity it takes reflects folate status. In methyltrap the b12 pours out at a high rate in the urine, less so with folinic acid, less so with folic acid even less with some methylfolate and it almost disappears with full Methylfolate sufficiency. It costs me about $8/day for sublingual 5 star b12s to equal about $40/day worth of injectable MeCbl and then another dollar worth of sublingual AdoCbl daily

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
I have injected Methyl B12 daily for over a year (stopped now) It was easy to do and helped somewhat with various symptoms. I am in the UK - where are you?

I found that I could only inject very small amounts with a severe reaction and had to build it up very slowly. The reaction I would get was to be extremely wired, and it would last all day.

Good luck
Justy

gettinbetter

I have injected Methyl B12 daily for over a year (stopped now) It was easy to do and helped somewhat with various symptoms. I am in the UK - where are you?

I found that I could only inject very small amounts with a severe reaction and had to build it up very slowly. The reaction I would get was to be extremely wired, and it would last all day.

Good luck
Justy