• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help choose a name for a new advocacy website

caledonia

i voted and suggested a name (which I forget now :whistle:) but can't go back to look at the poll any more.
i wanted to see the list again but i just get a message saying i 've already voted.

I have it limited to one voting session per person. So if it won't let you back in, it probably "took". I found a suggestion - Voices for ME. Is that yours? I added it to the voting list.

leela

I have it limited to one voting session per person. So if it won't let you back in, it probably "took". I found a suggestion - Voices for ME. Is that yours? I added it to the voting list.
I'm having such brainswell lately I honestly cannot remember at all what I suggested! Scary!
I think it might have United in it somewhere, but I honestly don't know. I'm all about the all-for-one and one-for all atm. :hug:

Anyhow, would you consider posting a list of what's on the poll here, since those who've already voted can't see them? (maybe you have a good reason not to.) Since my memory is so appalling right now, I'd love to just review the choices and suggestions.

Hi all, I need your help narrowing down a list of names for a new advocacy website.
  • The name should reflect a goal of stopping the IOM contract and the other two re-definition projects, and getting the CCC adopted.
  • It should also reflect that this is a grassroots effort by ME patients, for ME patients.
  • The name should be easy to remember, as it will be both the website name and the domain name (web address).
There are many choices, therefore I have it set up so you can vote for as many names as you like, or even add a new suggestion. So if, for example, you like 5 names, feel free to vote for all five of them.

http://poll.fm/4lfub
Are we talking about moving forward also? Eg. ICCME or ICCforME

A friend suggested Justice4ME. Would have voted for that if I'd have thought of it! Too late - I already voted. Any takers?

justinreilly

I like JusticeforME. I don't like the 4's in the names. To me it sounds like something from elementary school, something from a throwaway text or chat or something whimsical, not something to be taken seriously. My two cents.

justinreilly

I like 'The ME Adocacy Project' because it is very clear as to what it is.
The clarity is good, yes. I think it's fine, but i think something like JusticeforME (which i don't think is on there, so its only an example for now) is better bc it implies there's an injustice. Everybody's for Justice. Rise Up for ME I like bc its evocative and a call to action.

Advocacy is good, but it has a little connotation of being one-sided, advocating for your client by only presenting the best facts for your side.

Izola

I would say, let's stay on message- the experts picked CCC, so for now, I would suggest we get behind that.

Many of us remember that and can sometimes remember it in the right order. But, we need a name that gets other people to say, "hmm . . wonder what that's about.." then click on it and get interested. That's how I found Phoenix Rising and later remembered enough of the name to find it back. Maybe something on the order of "Justice for ME, CCC" And have it so "Justice for ME" is the tag that takesyou right to the sight. (I took the 4 out for JustinReilly--no math) I suggest a group cyber hug for the creaters of CCC.

Firestormm

@caledonia I am not entirely up on all the names in use, but I wondered if you had checked some of the ideas to see if they aren't being used elsewhere? I had a feeling that 'Justice4ME' might have been for example, but could (am) probably be wrong.

Izola

@caledonia I am not entirely up on all the names in use, but I wondered if you had checked some of the ideas to see if they aren't being used elsewhere? I had a feeling that 'Justice4ME' might have been for example, but could (am) probably be wrong.

Yup. Justce for me has been taken by Amanda Knox. I don't have a dog in this except for those of us so extremely ill we need a name that we know so intimately we can get to the site PLUS one which invokes outsider curiosity. On the other hand, maybe this will get the "outsiders" so familiar with CCC that the people will soon be saying, whenever the press mentions HHS/IoM, "They have the CCC, why do they need yet another definition?

BTW, to our Experts, I didn't connect Exerts & site namers, as opposed to Namees. I have so much thanks to the minds behind and the drafters of the CCC. Whatever way we can get y'all in the brightest of limelight, I'm with it. Thank You, CCC experts.

Last edited:

justinreilly

Well, you could call the site Justice for M.E. and have the domain name be something like MEJustice.com, or .org. Probably not taken. I think we could figure it out.

Izola

I like M.E. Advocacy Project, Advocacy for ME and also Rise up for M.E., My befogged mind remembers a bOOMING voice saying we had to have CCC in there. It.'l fit on the end of either. (ooh, that was Justin?) Both likely to evoke curiosity. PLUS a flaming banner in this web site ( a site in which I can't believe anyone in their right mind can find their way around) to those of us who still can't find their left shoe since August. oh. THE BANNER: bright colors, flaming bright on every first page with the new cite name and a link.
Plus a link to my left shoe. Thank You.

Christopher

What about just "FightME". On 2nd thought, not sure that we want to put ME or CFS in the title. Both are controversial.

Something short would work - but most importantly is if you can lead and rally people. The name will be secondary - seasoning for the steak.

Last edited:

Izola

What about just "FightME". On 2nd thought, not sure that we want to put ME or CFS in the title. Both have issues.

Issus? Hot Damn. We'll be here until the Earth boils over. I'm assuming you are talking aout each of us ME-ers personally?

Actually, I like it. It's aggressive.

Last edited: