• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

23 and Me: Did you notice changes to your "health risks"?

23 and Me: Did you notice changes to your health risks?

• YES. I had noticable change in risks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haven't checked

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jarod

I did 23 and me testing 6-12 months ago.

At the time of my results, I thought I had a "health risk" for COPD at like 25-35%. It seems now the COPD "health risk" does not show up in my results now when I check it(my memory is not great though). My hard drive crashed, so I lost my printout.

Anybody noticed their 23 and Me "health risks" changing dramatically now from 6-12 months ago?

Sea

I did 23 and me testing 6-12 months ago.

At the time of my results, I thought I had a "health risk" for COPD at like 25-35%. It seems now the COPD "health risk" does not show up in my results now when I check it(my memory is not great though). My hard drive crashed, so I lost my printout.

Anybody noticed their 23 and Me "health risks" changing dramatically now from 6-12 months ago?

They update risks as new information is found. If a new health report is added or new information added to an existing report there is a little "new" flagged alongside the report.

I don't know what they do if new information shows them you don't have the risk they thought you did, or if they decide they don't know enough to calculate a risk. I don't think I've had any disappear. You could email them, I think they are fairly responsive to people's questions.

leela

I imagine this has something to do with them being shut down until they can get this sorted with the gov't agency (corporate lobby) that is giving them grief about offering "health advice".

Sea

I imagine this has something to do with them being shut down until they can get this sorted with the gov't agency (corporate lobby) that is giving them grief about offering "health advice".

It may be but I don't think so. 23andme indicated to existing customers that nothing would change. It would only change for people who signed up after the Nov 2013 deadline