• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Live webcast IoM meeting Jan. 27th 1:pm starting

justinreilly

Jeannette: "like Mindy says it's 'insanity'"; IoM not qualified; Fukuda was a disaster, destroyed so many lives; you can not produce a meaningful definition. Your definition will be destroyed. Patients will fight you to the end with lawsuits and public opinion.

Haha. I love it!!!

justinreilly

Mary Dimmock speaking personally about how her child's health was destroyed by climbing Mt. Washington because exercise was emphasized to him as critical after his ME/CFS diagnosis. emphasizes PEM. heterogeneity is man-made in CFS. applause. 'spectrum' idea isn't valid. You need a ouiji board to make sense out of all the studies based on all the different definitions.

Nice!

justinreilly

Eileen calling for cancellation of contract, citing all the evidence of opposition- fifty expert letter, letters to congress, calls from congress, tweets, 171 advocates, etc.

justinreilly

Eileen: This IoM process is fatally flawed. You are good experts, but HHS has rigged the game like they always do. CFSAC recommended a workshop to adopt CCC; it is outrageous what HHS has done with this- Eileen and others who object to govt definition plans threatened by govt; IoM has already written studies on ME that are very incorrect; we have a good definition CCC, these three processes are a waste, cancel them; start studying the disease, it's been 30 years.