• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Live webcast IoM meeting Jan. 27th 1:pm starting

... I like how Rick Erdtmann (of the IOM) implies that congress has anything to do with the existence of the IOM. And I'm not sure how being funded by people who want a "solution", instead of the federal government, is supposed to be a good thing.

The resources they use can be contributed by external sources and will be listed for public viewing. But none of the committee's discussions or drafts are public.

The committee's works will be reviewed by peer reviewers with roughly the same qualifications as the committee members. So if we get a psychobabble committee, will that mean a psychobabble group of reviewers?

Firestormm

You know the way Nancy just said that it seems that HHS responded to CFSAc with IOM and that was perfectly fine... Appears it wasn't a problem for CFSAC at least.

Firestormm

Yep. 'We' are here to help with the evidence collection process i.e to answer the question that was asked of us - and about current definition preferences...

Interesting she broke down 'the illness' into CF, CFS, and ME...

Lee is emphasizing that CF and ME should be looked at as potentially distinct entities.

She's listing current case definitions: Fukuda, NICE, CCC, ICC. No Oxford - I think NICE is an ME definition? Or at least better than Oxford? Or are they the same?