• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Contacting the press

Andrew

I am too sick right now to do anything, but here's some info I gleaned.

I also discovered that the best way to search for contact information is to google for "news tips" without the quotes. And/or search the name of a news outlet plus those two words.

Also, attached is how to contact Washington Post

Attachments

• What\'s Your Story (2).pdf
    65.3 KB · Views: 21

justinreilly

We need to get our hands on a ready-made email contact list for media including newspapers and health blogs. I hope that other allied disease groups have this such as GWI and Lyme. I have started making contacts in these groups. If anyone else can do this, it would be great. at some point we can ask them if they have these lists.

Undisclosed

I have started a thread here which includes a list that Wally provided. It has been stickied. If you want to add more press contacts to that thread, I can work them into the intial post. Please tag me when you do so. We really should have all of these contacts in one place.

Kina. :)

Andrew

Television I've contacted
CBS
NBC
ABC
Fox
60 minutes

Newspaper
Wall Street Journal
Newsweek
USA Today
NY Times
Washington Post
L.A. Times
New York Post
Houston Chronicle
San Francisco Chronicle

And, it helps of more than one person make contact. Then they think "hey, this is the second time I've seen this, maybe there's something there."

Ren

Something is wrong with their contact page. I've tried two browsers and it is not accepting my text as I type it.

I wrote something very short to them but included a number of links with more info; Hopefully the problem you encountered is just a temporary glitch. Thank you for trying and for contacting others as well!

Seven7

Seven
Ha anybody seen anything of the meeting in the news or news paper? I haven't seen it been covered