• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Does anyone have test results like these and/or do they tell you anything?

knackers323

Does anyone have anything that looks like this?

Or know what it may indicate?

Would a persons level of these things always be fluctuating anyway and this sort of thing could be found in people all the time and not mean much?

Plasma amino acid test showed

Low arginine, histadine, isoleucine, ornithine, serine, tryptophane, phenylalanine and taurine.

Urine organic acids test showed.

Low citric acid, hva and 5hiaa

High cis-aconitic acid, fumeric acid, a-ketoisovaleric acid, a-ketoisocaproic acid and a-keto-b-methylvaleric acid.

If this means anything to anyone. Thanks

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
I wish I could get a doctor to run those test for me, but the doctors I have seen lately have been real a$$holes about running test.

knackers323

It has taken me years of fighting to get tests done and there are lots of others I would love to get but haven't been able to get them to do them.

The thing is but, almost all the tests I get that show out of range results like these, they don't offer any treatment for.

This is why I am asking for help here. Maybe these results don't mean much and are just normal fluctuations.

Wally

Last edited:

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
I had these results. And a few more aminos low than yours. But in urine 24h.
Low arginine, histadine, isoleucine, ornithine, serine, tryptophane, phenylalanine and taurine.

For me it means leaky gut, simply put, and a diseased body. You either don´t absorb well, or your body uses up these too rapidly/cannot hold them, or both.

Taurine was my lowest.

95% of allopaths don´t know how to treat those abnormalities, or what they mean. A large percentage of alternative "healers" say they know but they don´t either. Yes they have these tests and they know what aminoacids are but there ends their wisdom.

beaverfury

beaverfury
Does anyone have anything that looks like this?

Or know what it may indicate?

Would a persons level of these things always be fluctuating anyway and this sort of thing could be found in people all the time and not mean much?

Plasma amino acid test showed

Urine organic acids test showed.

Low citric acid, hva and 5hiaa

High cis-aconitic acid, fumeric acid, a-ketoisovaleric acid, a-ketoisocaproic acid and a-keto-b-methylvaleric acid.

If this means anything to anyone. Thanks

Maybe your gut is not in shape to synthesize some of these amino acids (?).
E.coli can help synthesize tryptophan, phenylalanine, tyrosine and ornithine. If E. coli levels are too low this could be a problem.

Arginine is synthesized in the gut (with some help from the kidneys). I would supplement with it for a while, it may help conserve some precious ATP and it should help protect your endothelial cells (blood vessels).
Ornithine is produced from arginine but you could supplement it as well. It could, theoretically, help with fatigue.

Normally, one would be obtaining most of these amino acids through protein diet, but this illness puts us in the abnormal category.