• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

2013 - A Year We Will Never Forget

Ember

By Erica Verrillo • www.ProHealth.com • December 30, 2013
What a year this has been for the ME/CFS community!

With four major conferences held in the US, the UK, and Australia, the inauguration of two new research and treatment centers, the first FDA meeting to discuss drug development for ME/CFS, fireworks at the CFSAC, the still unabated IOM controversy, an unprecedented consensus from the top 50 ME/CFS experts, two exciting new documentary projects, and an upsurge in advocacy efforts, this has been a year to remember....

Bob

Helen

The result of the ongoing genome study at Mt Sinai Hospital will also be very interesting.

I quote @Nielk
(sorry I don´t know how to link to a post or a thread in PR :confused:)

"They are looking for 150 ME/CFS patients and 150 controls. They are doing the genome sequencing for all 300 patients to look at what is distinguishing in the ME/CFS group.
Nielk, Feb 26, 2013

150 people with ME/CFS will be genome sequenced :thumbsup: Nielk, do you have any news?

Bob

I don´t know how to link to a post or a thread in PR :confused:
To link to the beginning of a thread, click on the time-stamp (e.g. "Yesterday at 9:08 AM") directly underneath the thread's title, then just copy and paste the web link (url) from the top of the web browser.

For an individual post, either click on the time stamp at bottom-left of each post (e.g: "Today at 10.03pm") and then copy the browser's url, or click on the post number at bottom-right of each post (e.g: "#8" ) and copy the (top) weblink from the pop-up box.

A link to a specific post will have a post number on the end of the weblink, e.g: /#post-416260

So the link to this thread is:
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/2013-a-year-we-will-never-forget.27294/

And the link to this post is:
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/2013-a-year-we-will-never-forget.27294/#post-416260

Last edited: