• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fed up of waking up every night at 3 am

WoolPippi

Of course I run out of pipi in the end
Oh no! One should never outrun Pipi!

I feel so sheepish for haven chosen my nickname with not enough p's :whistle:
In my defence, I was brainfogged when I logged on here.

Have you found any sleep with the suggestions from here?
I'm stil awake after 4,5 hours of sleep every night.

WoolPippi

I sometimes think if they developed some way to get us 8 hrs sleep every night would be more beneficial than some immune treatments???
I'm certain of this.

The Deep Sleep stage and the REM stage both give a flood of Human Growth Hormone (HGH), healing the body. Us, waking up after five hours (just after Deep Sleep) loose out on the big REM portion that should have followed.

Unfortunately I don't think sleeping pills will provide the right sleep stages nor the HGH. But that's just my theory, haven't looked into it really.

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
I'm certain of this.

The Deep Sleep stage and the REM stage both give a flood of Human Growth Hormone (HGH), healing the body. Us, waking up after five hours (just after Deep Sleep) loose out on the big REM portion that should have followed.

Unfortunately I don't think sleeping pills will provide the right sleep stages nor the HGH. But that's just my theory, haven't looked into it really.

I slept badly most of my life, since childhood - maybe that's why I stayed so small. :(

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
I am positive that getting "the disease" when I was around 18 years old has made me smaller, because of much shittier sleep, worse nutrient absorption and what not. I am still a handsome chap though haha

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
I am positive that getting "the disease" when I was around 18 years old has made me smaller, because of much shittier sleep, worse nutrient absorption and what not. I am still a handsome chap though haha

So I see. The (dragon?) is cute too! :D

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
MeSci said:
I thought we were rubbish in bed - at sleeping anyway!
Can do all sorts of things in bed but sleep eg curled up in the fetal position with a migraine. Using I phone. Eat snd drink in bed. Im also good at getting out off snd back in bed multiple times a night. Hehehe

Marlène

Even though I am very tired in the daytime and I do need to sleep to recuperate, I just get depressed after I get a nap :depressed:
I hope it's a good sign somehow.

A zombie

seriphos is really helping with high cortisol. I take two 2 hours before bed…also I just started a new supplement my chiro recommended for LOW cort but it's having the reverse effect on me and is making me sleepy. So i'm taking it at bedtime as well. Both these supplements are really helping me!

A zombie

I know CRAZY, huh? Chiro told me to take it around 11a when adrenals dip and i felt like i was going to pass out from exhaustion. So now i take it at bedtime. I"m still dealing with nights of insomnia… but i think my thyroid is off too and i think when that is off my sleep is off.
The adreset and seriphos have worked for me, though.

Sing

600mg extended release NAC (N-acetylcysteine) works pretty well for me. Though I still wake up to pee, or cough, or if something aches.

It worked well for me too for about 5 weeks. But I noticed that it increased hypotension somewhat. Then this has worsened. I don't know if having a big respiratory illness for several weeks now is to blame for the increased hypotension or the NAC. I cut back on the NAC one night with no change then cut it out the next, still with no change in my worsened hypotension.

I have been trying to figure out what it going on. Is NO, nitric oxide being increased by the NAC, resulting in increased hypotension? Could there be mercury coming out of storage doing this? Or is there B12 and Folate deficiency (excuse me for probably not writing these correctly) causing the hypotension? Anybody know or have some good ideas?

It worked well for me too for about 5 weeks. But I noticed that it increased hypotension somewhat. Then this has worsened. I don't know if having a big respiratory illness for several weeks now is to blame for the increased hypotension or the NAC. I cut back on the NAC one night with no change then cut it out the next, still with no change in my worsened hypotension.

I have been trying to figure out what it going on. Is NO, nitric oxide being increased by the NAC, resulting in increased hypotension? Could there be mercury coming out of storage doing this? Or is there B12 and Folate deficiency (excuse me for probably not writing these correctly) causing the hypotension? Anybody know or have some good ideas?

I actually had to look up hypotension to make sure. Low blood pressure, I have it too and I don't know why we have it. I am sick and tired of it!!!!!!!!!! NAC has not helped me or it may have helped in that something knocked me out at around 5pm, then I'd wake up in a few hours and back to the usual insomnia. I bought the extended release NAC but nothing seems to be happening. I am needed MORE clonopin to sleep and I am feeling extremely depressed.

Also, from post number 5 on the first page. I got my testing from 23andMe and I just following the directions of how to figure out your detox results but HUH? A bar graph with a lot of stange letters and numbers that mean nothing to me. How do I go about getting this interpreted?