• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Another oxymatrine supp??

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I noticed that iherb carry a nutricology brand that contains similar ingredients to equilibrant. property blend 1600mg of reishi, shrubby sophora(oxymatrine), licorice, noni per 2 capsules. 120 caps for $28.

Has anyone used this product and maybe compare it to equilibrant or white tiger oxymatrine??

cheers!!!

heapsreal

Im guessing its comparable to other oxymatrine products.
I havent been tested for enteroviruses plus i think the only way to know is by a biopsy, but i might throw this into the mix when i order supps again??

Hip

Can you provide a weblink to the product you are talking about?

Hip

It has similar ingredients to equilibrant, and like equilibrant, it does not tell you the exact quantities of each ingredient (it says it contains a "proprietary blend"), which I find it a bit annoying, as I'd like to know how much oxymatrine there is in these products.

Equilibrant herbal ingredients:
Shrubby sophora root extract
Licorice root extract
Shittake mushroom extract
Olive leaf extract
Astragalus root extract

PhytoCort ingredients:
Chinese licorice root extract
Reishi extract
Noni fruit extract

They both have oxymatrine (which is in the "shrubby sophora root extract"), they both have licorice, and they both have an immune boosting mushroom (shittake in one, reishi in the other).

heapsreal

It has similar ingredients to equilibrant, and like equilibrant, it does not tell you the exact quantities of each ingredient (it says it contains a "proprietary blend"), which I find it a bit annoying, as I'd like to know how much oxymatrine there is in these products.

Equilibrant herbal ingredients:
Licorice root extract
Shittake mushroom extract
Olive leaf extract
Astragalus root extract

PhytoCort ingredients:
Chinese licorice root extract
Reishi extract
Noni fruit extract

They both have oxymatrine (which is in the "shrubby sophora root extract"), they both have licorice, and they both have an immune boosting mushroom (shittake in one, reishi in the other).

I suppose the only way to know is to try it. I dont even know if enterovirus is an issue for me but theres alot of evidence in cfs me i guess?
Is oxymatrine also suppose to help improve immune function? or is that just the other ingredients in equilibrant?

Hip

Is oxymatrine also suppose to help improve immune function? or is that just the other ingredients in equilibrant?

Oxymatrine is the main ingredient.

Dr Chia found that 25% of his ME/CFS patients got significant improvements on oxymatrine (like being able to go back to work type improvements). There's lots of oxymatrine articles and info on this forum. It is believed that oxymatrine works because it is a Th2 to Th1 immunomodulator. Chia found that viral loads were reduced by oxymatrine, as well as ME/CFS symptoms being significantly improved by it.

Chia talks about his oxymatrine research on this video (see timecode 31:25).

heapsreal

Oxymatrine is the main ingredient.

Dr Chia found that 25% of his ME/CFS patients got significant improvements on oxymatrine (like being able to go back to work type improvements). There's lots of oxymatrine articles and info on this forum. It is believed that oxymatrine works because it is a Th2 to Th1 immunomodulator. Chia found that viral loads were reduced by oxymatrine, as well as ME/CFS symptoms being significantly improved by it.

Chia talks about his oxymatrine research on this video (see timecode 31:25).

In the middle of watching this link so havent finished yet.
What i have found interesting is that chia says the chickenpox rash looks very similar to enterovirus and says one should consider this if one has had chickenpox in the past, thats me?? At the same time i had this so did my daughter which we thought was chickenpox, she was 2y/o. At the age of 12 she got chickenpox again?? farely sure this second episode was chickenpox for my daughter as famvir was given to her early on which stopped the rash from spreading??

I am also interested to know how much Oxymatrine is in this. I just wrote the actual manufacturer an inquiry via e-mail; hopefully they will get back to me sometime today. Will let you know what I find out!