• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Undetectable Infection

alex3619

A comment on Lipkin and the gut microbiome. Lipkin does not typically look for specific things but there have been exceptions. He use mass throughput genetic assays and other things to identify every bug. He compares those to databases of known bugs, presumably an automated process. By bug I mean virus, bacteria, fungi or whatever is in his sights in a particular study. His main expertise is in viruses, but he does not work alone.

Elph68

A comment on Lipkin and the gut microbiome. Lipkin does not typically look for specific things but there have been exceptions. He use mass throughput genetic assays and other things to identify every bug. He compares those to databases of known bugs, presumably an automated process. By bug I mean virus, bacteria, fungi or whatever is in his sights in a particular study. His main expertise is in viruses, but he does not work alone.
Hi Alex,
It puts a whole new perspective on the game when parthenogenesis of the bacteria is added to the mix ....

knackers323

Sexual transmitted infection?? Now you are accusing my husband to have pissed outside the pot. Or do you mean I did? Or do you mean my mother gave it to me in the womb, during birth or breast feeding?

Please expain why I have improved very much without taking any antibiotics.

Hi could you please tell us how you have improved. Thanks

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Hi lansbergen,

this is exactly why I didn't want to open that can ..... any one of what you quote is likely and possible but I will also add, kissing, antibiotic cfs.sharing food and drinks, visiting the dentist .....

If you can lower the amount of pathogenic bacteria in your system, you will reduce symptoms severity .... But you can never eradicate the normal flora totally ....

What is worse, an infected finger ..... or a huge infected gash in your leg?? It is about the size of the infection...
How do u explain someone like myself where my wife and 2 kids dont have cfs or those symptoms you mention. I dont have those GI symptoms etc u mention. And my family have been with me the whole 12yrs of this cfs.i also have low nk function and bright cell nk function which is a very common biomarker in cfs. There are many others similar to me.

Personally I think u may be describing a sub group.

rosie26

How do u explain someone like myself where my wife and 2 kids dont have cfs or those symptoms you mention. I dont have those GI symptoms etc u mention. And my family have been with me the whole 12yrs of this cfs.i also have low nk function and bright cell nk function which is a very common biomarker in cfs. There are many others similar to me.

yep, heaps, it would be a subgroup. My thoughts on it.

Elph68

Hi Heapsreal,

You are long term, I am only new .... This Lipkin which was pointed out to me says that the disease changes after 3 years ..... long term inflammation damage is an unknown..... How do you know you don't have these bugs in your gut?? They don't always cause IBS.... And if you don't have a sore throat or prostate then you don't pass it on ..... It is about bacterial load and the point of entry .....

As I said, this is the undetectable infection and they will get results if they start looking ...

I have also said I have been kicked out of all the doctors and by speaking out, I am now being threatened with defamation ...... So I don't expect any different here ... And if this is only a sub-group as you say .... then removing them from the disease helps in the long term .....

Elph68

The simple scientific fact is that long term production of pro-inflammatory cytokine interleukin - 6 destroys your joints, internal organs, Central Nervous System, causes brain dysfunction and cancer. And after 12 years of toxic poisoning and fighting a never ending battle, it is no surprise that the immune system starts breaking down also .... makes simple sense to me .... But as I said, doctors won't listen, so why any different here ....

The undetectable infection = the unbelievable infection ....

heapsreal

I just think its a big call saying its the cause of cfs me.
Many people have improved with different treatments. If your theory was correct with all cfsers then people wouldnt improve with antivirals. Rituximab. Ampligen etc.

I probably do have some type of gut infection but any infection is possible with a dysfunctional immune system. Hiv for example, they get sick from the opportunistic infections not directly from hiv.

Theres definately a group of cfsers who have gi issues and its something that some of the cfs gurus treat such as kdm.

Im not saying your incorrect but its a big call. Many of us have heard the big call quite a few times so are very cautious.

Dont feel threatened as we are interested and think that what u have to say can help some, but to say help all of us is a big call. If it pans out that taking 3 abx will cure us then I will be all over it but there needs to be more evidence.

heapsreal

Theres many theories that make sense. An undetectable infection or immune defiency or auto immune illness or a known infection. Its the million dollar question.

Just need to back up what your saying which is what people want to hear before they consider a theory.

Cheers

Elph68

I just think its a big call saying its the cause of cfs me.
Many people have improved with different treatments. If your theory was correct with all cfsers then people wouldnt improve with antivirals. Rituximab. Ampligen etc.

I probably do have some type of gut infection but any infection is possible with a dysfunctional immune system. Hiv for example, they get sick from the opportunistic infections not directly from hiv.

Theres definately a group of cfsers who have gi issues and its something that some of the cfs gurus treat such as kdm.

Im not saying your incorrect but its a big call. Many of us have heard the big call quite a few times so are very cautious.

Dont feel threatened as we are interested and think that what u have to say can help some, but to say help all of us is a big call. If it pans out that taking 3 abx will cure us then I will be all over it but there needs to be more evidence.

Mate at the end of the day .... nobody is looking at what is right in front of them .... all the doc's I have visited don't think it is possible .... but it is possible to prove .... they just have to work out the antibody that is produced .....

And getting back to what you say ... anything that causes ongoing interleukin - 6 production, and can maintain this for the long term .... is the likely cause ....

Elph68

Theres many theories that make sense. An undetectable infection or immune defiency or auto immune illness or a known infection. Its the million dollar question.

Just need to back up what your saying which is what people want to hear before they consider a theory.

Cheers
np .... that is why I am doing this piece by piece .... and my inbox tells me I am not alone in my thinking ...

rosie26

Elph68
I am interested that others are interested as well by what you said about your inbox. Perhaps a private group could be started to chat about more personal things ? Just a thought.

Elph68

Elph68
I am interested that others are interested as well by what you said about your inbox. Perhaps a private group could be started to chat about more personal things ? Just a thought.
Hi Rosie,

If it is not a public thread .....

rosie26

We do have private groups here on PR. I have never joined any. But it is a possibility if others are interested in this and don't want to talk about more personal stuff on these public forum. If you look at the top bar on the home page you will see that there is a group section, they are closed groups.

Last edited:

heapsreal

Mate at the end of the day .... nobody is looking at what is right in front of them .... all the doc's I have visited don't think it is possible .... but it is possible to prove .... they just have to work out the antibody that is produced .....

And getting back to what you say ... anything that causes ongoing interleukin - 6 production, and can maintain this for the long term .... is the likely cause ....

most docs dont do research but follow research, so if it hasnt been discovered or proved then they dont touch it.

Hip

@Elph68
You may want to check the list of symptoms on the very top of my webpage HERE. Do you have these same symptoms?

I was hit with these symptoms after contracting a nasty respiratory virus — a virus that was diagnosed from its symptoms as very likely to be an enterovirus (enteroviruses are very strongly linked to ME/CFS).

I noticed you said that your infection spread to the mucous membranes of the rectum via saliva on your finger, when you made contact with your rectum.

Well, a very similar thing happen to me with my virus: I already had the chronic sore throat (= a chronic mucous membrane infection) caused by my virus for two years or so, when I happened to touch the urethral opening at the end of my penis, while there was some saliva on my finger. Well, within 24 hours, all the mucous membranes of my urethral tube suddenly became infected and inflamed, and even now, many years later, they are still inflamed, albeit now mildly. I had my virus for over two years in the mucous membranes of my mouth, throat, sinuses, stomach, intestines, but then as soon as some of my saliva landed on the mucous membranes of my urethra, wham, the infection was instantly transferred to the urethra.

So my virus seems to have very strong affinity for infecting the mucous membranes of the body. I make sure now that I never touch my eyes or rectum with saliva on my fingers.

Quite a few people who caught my virus also developed IBS.

You say your daughter is starting to lose her spark: well, the virus I caught seems to affect the mind quite strongly in some people, and many suffer from emotional flatness and anhedonia after they catch this virus, and then become people who have lost their sparkle.

So.... might you and your family have this virus?