• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mitochondrial energy optimizer: anyone tried it?

jimmy86

Hey,

my doctor told me today about a supplement, some people helped. Did anyone of you already try the mitochondrial energy optimizer, containing
Supplement Facts
Serving Size 4 capsules
Servings Per Container 30
Amount Per Serving
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal 5’-phosphate)
100 mg
Calcium (as calcium carbonate)
175 mg
Sodium
25 mg
Carnosine
1000 mg
ArginoCarn® Acetyl-L-carnitine arginate dihydrochloride
675 mg
Benfotiamine
150 mg
R-Lipoic Acid (as microencapsulated Bio-Enhanced® stabilized Na-RALA sodium R-lipoate)
150 mg
BioPQQ™ Pyrroloquinoline quinone disodium salt
10 mg
Luteolin (high purity luteolin as Pureolin™)
8 mg
Other ingredients: gelatin, vegetable stearate, silica.
Contains soybeans.

It seems to boost energy levels for some patients, http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/40940-pyrroloquinoline-quinone-pqq.

Best,
Jimmy

Tammy

Jimmy.............can't say that I've tried the product but I have tried some of the individual ingredients for mito support which helped me when my muscles were very weak. Interesting..........I've never heard of BioPQQ Pyrroloquinoline quinone disodium salt...........and I thought I had heard of just about every supplement out there. Tammy

Lotus97

Something I learned recently about mitochondrial supplements is not only do they boost ATP, but also increase glutathione. I haven't tried it yet, there's a lot of PQQ customer reviews on iHerb. Same with the other ingredients in that product. I prefer to buy individual ingredients rather than combination formulas so I can gauge the effects of each one and adjust the dosage accordingly. Plus it's almost always cheaper to do it this way. However, I'm too disabled to work so I have a lot of free time to take supplements:whistle: I can understand if someone's busy and wants something convenient.

allyb

Hey,

my doctor told me today about a supplement, some people helped. Did anyone of you already try the mitochondrial energy optimizer, containing
Supplement Facts
Serving Size 4 capsules
Servings Per Container 30
Amount Per Serving

Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal 5’-phosphate)
100 mg
Calcium (as calcium carbonate)
175 mg
Sodium
25 mg
Carnosine
1000 mg
ArginoCarn® Acetyl-L-carnitine arginate dihydrochloride
675 mg
Benfotiamine
150 mg
R-Lipoic Acid (as microencapsulated Bio-Enhanced® stabilized Na-RALA sodium R-lipoate)
150 mg
BioPQQ™ Pyrroloquinoline quinone disodium salt
10 mg
Luteolin (high purity luteolin as Pureolin™)
8 mg
Other ingredients: gelatin, vegetable stearate, silica.
Contains soybeans.

It seems to boost energy levels for some patients, http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/40940-pyrroloquinoline-quinone-pqq.

Best,
Jimmy

Interesting read thanks Jimmy,

Just bumping up the thread......has anyone else tried PPQ either as a stand alone mitochondria enhancement or as a combination Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer with BioPQQ?? The guys discussing it in the link say it works opposite to NAC. It would be great to get some input/thoughts/experience from the community.
:thumbsup:allyb

Last edited:

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
I was just going to ask this same question before I ran a search and found your post. It is kind of pricey. It looks like it runs from $50 to $70 a bottle. I use thefind.com because it does a great price comparison from a variety of stores. I was hoping someone else had tried it first. I have been using the Pal Protocol and it helps me with the pain (not so much with the fatigue). I think this would be a good supplement to add, especially if it works with NAC. I think I am just going to go for it and get it, but I will have to wait until January. If you decide to try it now, will you let me know how it worked for you? Please and Thank You.

I NEED TO LOOK AT THE DATES! I just realized this post is from 2012. I am guessing you have tried it already. Did it work?

I take PQQ by itself, which is only $12 a month. I do not notice an energy boost in terms if my body, but it helps with some types of mental activity. More likely the original poster had energy boost from acetyl l-carnitine or something else in the expensive supplement. I would explain better if I could. I do take CoQ10 with it because I read it helps and I wanted to take CoQ10 anyway. Be aware of PQQ building up slowly and being eliminated slowly. It could interfere with sleep.

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
I take PQQ by itself, which is only $12 a month. I do not notice an energy boost in terms if my body, but it helps with some types of mental activity. More likely the original poster had energy boost from acetyl l-carnitine or something else in the expensive supplement. I would explain better if I could. I do take CoQ10 with it because I read it helps and I wanted to take CoQ10 anyway. Be aware of PQQ building up slowly and being eliminated slowly. It could interfere with sleep.
Thank you for the information. I could use some help with mental activity. I see that Jarrow has a pqq supplement and has something called Jarrow Carnitall which has several forms of L-Carnitine. Both together are about $25, much less than the Life Extension version. I think I will try those two first.

Thank you for the information. I could use some help with mental activity. I see that Jarrow has a pqq supplement and has something called Jarrow Carnitall which has several forms of L-Carnitine. Both together are about $25, much less than the Life Extension version. I think I will try those two first.

The benefits are sort of hard to notice, but I need all the help I can get. It's hard to describe how it helps the certain things and not most. I got side effects only the first two or three days.

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
The benefits are sort of hard to notice, but I need all the help I can get. It's hard to describe how it helps the certain things and not most. I got side effects only the first two or three days.

Good to know. Memory issues and brain fog are one of my biggest issues. I will take any improvement I can get.