• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

23andme -- availability of future testing uncertain

Victronix

FYI, Dr. Ben Lynch just posted on facebook:

I just received word from 23andMe that they want me - and everyone else - to stop recommending the test in 7 days. I am not sure what that means but if you are wanting to get a test kit from 23andMe - now is the time. Do it now. http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-6763564-11288799

https://www.facebook.com/drbenjaminlynchhttp://www.dpbolvw.net/click-6763564-11288799

The company is now being hit with lawsuits which claim the results are "meaningless", etc., so I wouldn't be surprised if they get wiped out by this FDA situation. The info they provided was a huge help to me, particularly in showing that I have the APOE4 gene, which is a key Alzheimer's gene (you may not get it, but it does alter your memory function and other cognitive functions over the course of your life). And of course, MTHFR . . .

Sad to see this resource being taken away -- as someone pointed out, the NSA continues to illegally obtain all of our personal communications while the FDA will not allow Americans to obtain their OWN information on their OWN genes . . .

cph13

"Those who hesitate".....that'd be me. I was concerned that the results would be "TMI". I know I should have NOT delayed this but there are so much other testing I still haven't done. Unforutnately, now, I'm concerned that they will not be able to fulfill obligations. Will the FDA shut them down and I'm out $99.00? Your opinions are appreciated, as always. I've been MIA and just lurking for months now. Frustrated with Freddds protocol and famvir (not what I expected); concerned about changes I may have missed over the past few months and loosing ground; not sleeping, no desire, no $ for what I feel I need done....sam-o, sam-o I guess. I'm just getting too old to deal with this anymore. Sorry for the rant I will go back to lurking. BYE, bye for a bit. xoC

leela

Oh I was referring to the FDA pretending their concern was for patients' wellbeing, @ggingues.
I meant to say that I don't buy that concern for a second, and think that there are larger powers that be that wish to reap the benefits of this technology.

This has happened many times in the history of medicine and energy. Small innovators being quashed in favor of bigger interests.

*GG*

Oh I was referring to the FDA pretending their concern was for patients' wellbeing, @ggingues.
I meant to say that I don't buy that concern for a second, and think that there are larger powers that be that wish to reap the benefits of this technology.

This has happened many times in the history of medicine and energy. Small innovators being quashed in favor of bigger interests.

Wasn't clear to me. They are probably trying to squeeze them into supporting them, that's how they get their funding, or they will probably shut them down! Isn't there some rich Google guy behind this somewhat? So perhaps he will have some leverage to help them stay open? Time will tell, depends upon how much money they make, can they afford to pay for "protection" from the bad guys. LOL

GG

PS Have not had the testing done, I believe my Dr somehow figured out I have the MTHFR (sp?) mutation.