• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Probiotics

helen1

I think it's important to know what you've got in your gut first, so you know what you need to supplement with. Tests showed I was overpopulated with lactobacilli species and very low in bifido species, so that made it clear what to supplement with. Have you had your stool analyzed to see what bacteria you're low or high on?

Spinney Lainey

I think it's important to know what you've got in your gut first, so you know what you need to supplement with. Tests showed I was overpopulated with lactobacilli species and very low in bifido species, so that made it clear what to supplement with. Have you had your stool analyzed to see what bacteria you're low or high on?

No, I haven't. Where did you get this done?

helen1

xks201

It's disturbing to me how many people with cfs are claiming tests are revealing large numbers of lactic acid producing bacteria. D and L-Lactate interconvert so whether one produces just D or L Lactate is meaningless, none are good in that event. The symptoms of lactic acidosis are close to CFS.

helen1

@xks201 Do you know which bacteria produce lactic acid? And would symptoms be the same as experienced when doing anaerobic exercise?

xks201

To my understanding anything that says lacto in front of it will produce lactic acid. D or L it doesn't matter as there is an enzyme that will convert them back and fourth.

A healthy person does not experience the degree of symptoms during exercise as someone would with lactic acidosis or D-Lactate acidosis. The symptoms you can google and are pretty much similar to metabolic acidosis...disorientation...confusion..etc..