• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My Italian test... what do you think?

joshi81

Hi here in italy 2 years ago i made this test about detoxification but there are also some information about methylation... in your opinion what kind of information i can have from these labs?
The names in italian are quite similar to those in english so i think that it's understandable.
I tell you that i am Eterozygous for SOD 2, i have GTSM1 missing.
In the first doc there are the functional activity of various enzymes in the RBCs, while the second document are my polimorphism

Attachments

• Immagine.png
    Immagine.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
  • Esami Genetici.pdf
    63.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Hip

The SNP that you had tested, namely GSTP1 A313G (which has the code rs1695), is linked to asthma risk, as you can see HERE, in people with a double mutation. You have only a single mutation, so this risk may not affect you.

xrunner

Regarding the RBC enzymes activity results, your glutathione both reduced and oxidized is normal. Pwme seem to have low reduced gsh possibly due to a partial methylation block but high oxidized gsh due elevated oxidative stress which you don't seem to have.
However, Rich VK used to say that glutathione measured in RBC was not representative of levels in body tissues as RBC tend to be exporters of GSH (if I remembered that correctly), so he preferred the methylation profile test done by the European Lab of Nutrients which uses a different methodology in measuring GSH.
Regarding the genetic test, I also have some of the same mutations (excluding GSTP1, whilst MTHFR C677T C/T).
I am not an expert and only have my own personal experience to guide me. GSTM1 in particular I was told was not good for me as it made my detox capabilities rather weak... Anyhow, after spending a year following medical advice (supplements, diet, sauna, etc) to try and address those mutations I got nowhere, on the contrary; in a nutshell they have been irrelevant to my recovery.

UM MAN

here are also my Folate, Homocisteine (omocisteina)...
Because of you're CBS homoz, I wanted to see if it was causing low Homocysteine. Urine sulfate tests would also determine if you would benefit from choline/tmg supplements besides molybdenum. But your blood test for Homocysteine does not show that CBS is eating it up, and leaving you with to little to convert back into methionine.

joshi81

Wait..i'm not cbs Homoz but i'm CBS Eterozig maybe you read wrong.... anyway my level of homocisteine is a little belowe the normal range and doctors told me it was a good thing... is it true or false??????

xrunner

Before I answer your question about recovery, I didn't mean to say that genetics are not important, they may be a but It's just that I did not find all of that information helpful, the treatment rather seemed to contribute to mcs symptoms which affected me for some time. Note that I'm not cured but I do not need to take any meds or supps to maintain my current level of health. So it's a long story but in essence after trying a lot of things I went back to the infection hypothesis. My illness was precipitated by some acute "viral" infection. Recovery was a mix of decreasing the pathogen load across the board, normalising nagalase, and, as I used to have a few amalgams, mercury and lead detox.

xrunner

I should have said "significantly reduced" rather than "normalised", as I have not tested for a long time and I do not know for a fact that it eventually fell to within normal range. And yes Maf 314.