• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blue Ribbon Foundation Medical Fellowship

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
It isn't practical to download video on my dial-up connection. Will someone give me a brief summary?

Firestormm

It isn't practical to download video on my dial-up connection. Will someone give me a brief summary?

What is proposed is a fellowship for 8-10 medical students to work at 'premier' ME/CFS institutes throughout the world.

The idea being that medics do not - generally - receive any knowledge pertaining to ME/CFS in their training, whereas they are more aware of e.g. (from the video) Lyme disease and Multiple Sclerosis.

The students will (again from the video) get to see/learn about the developments that are occurring, the research, and lab-work inside the institutes e.g. molecular biology, gene expression and big-data and translational medicine.

Short interviews with an intern from Dan Peterson's clinic and one who is based at the Neuro-immunology clinic at Nova who both said they have learned loads about ME/CFS from being actually present at these sites and interacting with doctors, researchers and patients.

No details about the actual initiative e.g. funding, but I guess that will follow.

I hope that helps :)