• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cher marie claire magazine nov 2013

aimossy

article states she contracted EBV and then developed chronic fatigue syndrome.
good on you Cher!
article wasn't huge about that but still good on her! she said something about her career going down the toilet and doing lots of commercials.
someone may have posted this. i just thought just in case someone hasn't.
:)

taniaaust1

Cher is probably the most famous person who has CFS. She's talked about it at times in the past too so its not something she hides. Good to know she's still talking about it at times.

*GG*

article states she contracted EBV and then developed chronic fatigue syndrome.

good on you Cher!

article wasn't huge about that but still good on her! she said something about her career going down the toilet and doing lots of commercials.

someone may have posted this. i just thought just in case someone hasn't.
:)

Have a link? Traffic to sites help encourage coverage of the topic!

GG

aimossy

no link just read it in my sisters mag she bought.what I posted is more or less all that was in it about CFS.
its just good that she is open about it so was nice to see.

Mij

Cher is raising money for autism research and advocacy, not CFS. Kind of odd don't you think?

beaker

ME/cfs 1986
Cher is raising money for autism research and advocacy, not CFS. Kind of odd don't you think?

Not when you consider there is no real respected National group that one can raise money for.
Yes there are several good smaller regional groups. But we are sadly a fragmented bunch.

aimossy

maybe someone will tell her that @Nielk ;)one of the organisations should nab her! reckon you would know which one should.:)
sorry I just completely used a kiwism. nab equals grab.

beaker

ME/cfs 1986
The Lipkin study and Enlander's Mt. Sinai studies are worthwhile places to raise funds for.
I agree completely that they are. But they are not well known except to our community. And I mean the internet ME communities. Even then, it took me quite the effort to get the info on how to first donate to Enlander a couple years ago and post the info on here. As did someone else do so w/ Lipkin.
The point is there is no central easy or obvious connect.

Enlander and Lipkin are hardly self promoters. They need some reps to do some marketing for their research imo.