• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Colostrum?

LIJ

Has anyone tried colostrum as an immune modulating treatment? The theory is that colostrum contins stuff that works in the same way as gammaglobuline, I think.

Has anyone tried colostrum as an immune modulating treatment? The theory is that colostrum contins stuff that works in the same way as gammaglobuline, I think.

I have tried it before, but now I avoid casein because I think it can damage gut lining.

I believe any benefit I got from it was probably because I was lacking in some nutrients, but I am not sure. I am bad about trying multiple treatments at once.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I've tried Transfer Factor which is better than colostrum because it is much more powerful.

The one I used wasn't that good although I did feel ok slightly better when I first started it.

I'm going to be starting another one once I get some other things going. The one recommended to me was Researched Nutrionals Plasmyc. That's a bit pricey so I may try the Multi-immune. I found some people talking about them on Pro Health and except for one person, people had great results.

Seven7

Seven
I am using the kirkland hypoallergenic one. I added to the Kefir. I cannot use it everyday because it causes me very strong reactions, but I would love to build up to it.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
From what I read you have to start really slow on them because they can be really powerful, but the results can be pretty good

paul80

I have tried it before, but now I avoid casein because I think it can damage gut lining.

I believe any benefit I got from it was probably because I was lacking in some nutrients, but I am not sure. I am bad about trying multiple treatments at once.

SickOfSickness, sent you a PM.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
i was using colostrum and beta glucan in the hope that it would help my immune system when i went off valcyte which only lasted 2 months, also saw no increase in nk numbers:(
Maybe different brands could make a difference. Lactoferron which they get from colostrum may be more effective??

Plum

I have severe gut problems and read about colostrum helping with that. I get grassfed, no additives colostrum from New Zealand. I've been taking a low dose of 2 capsules and yes it does help. It's subtle but has helped me gain about 5% energy recently and I do feel more perky.

Plum

I do well on it. It does cause wind but not too much. I feel a bit more energised on it too.