• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Daniel Peterson Video & the IOM Contract

alex3619

I think this video has another thread, but not one devoted to this video and the IOM. So I ask that it be kept separate if this is the case, so the IOM discussion can occur here.The original is here:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...-in-sweden-15-october-2013.26194/#post-400327

Peterson clearly makes a case for the adoption of the CCC. He was one of the original signatories of the letter aimed at stopping the IOM and adopting the CCC. He is one of the most recognized experts on ME and CFS in the world. He is at both the cutting edge of research and of clinical practice.

I find it interesting he cites 19 million as the world prevalence, not the usual 17 million. Its also interesting that he cites the prevalence is about the same in minority groups, but less visible as many of those cannot afford proper healthcare.

Helen

I think this video has another thread, but not one devoted to this video and the IOM. So I ask that it be kept separate if this is the case, so the IOM discussion can occur here.The original is here:
I agree with you Alex. Peterson also clearly stated, while lecturing for the patient group , that we all have to take action as the outcome of the IOM work will have an impact all over the world.

Delia

Oh I should have written title better. Wanted it for support for arguments.

Nielk

Oh I should have written title better. Wanted it for support for arguments.

@Delia - You can edit your own title. Maybe to something like this? 'Dr. Peterson Speaks Before Swedish Parliament Endorsing CCC and Advising Against IOM'?

Delia

@Delia - You can edit your own title. Maybe to something like this? 'Dr. Peterson Speaks Before Swedish Parliament Endorsing CCC and Advising Against IOM'?
Thanks! Sushi did it for me. Right now I can't waste a brain cell on learning a simple thing like that! At this point those things are like brain twisters to me, and I'm working hard on the IOM fight so I have to pick and choose!

But I appreciate everyone's help!