• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Non-toxic furniture, rugs, bedding, etc.

PearlGirl26

Living with CFS for years, recently diagnosed.
I'm in the market for new bedroom furniture, a couple of rugs and some new bedding. Does anyone have suggestions/good experiences with specific companies? Normally, I would go vintage for the furniture, but I fear mold and such. Is this an appropriate fear or am I being over the top? Any advice on the matter would be swell.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I'm in the market for new bedroom furniture, a couple of rugs and some new bedding. Does anyone have suggestions/good experiences with specific companies? Normally, I would go vintage for the furniture, but I fear mold and such. Is this an appropriate fear or am I being over the top? Any advice on the matter would be swell.

Mold is certainly a legitimate concern! I moved a few years ago and had to get all new bedroom furniture. I found a quite nice all hard-wood, sort of vintage bedroom suite on Craig's list and it has been fine. But I live in a very dry area and you wouldn't usually find mold on wood here.

Depending on your sensitivities, wool rugs can be good and natural fiber bedding that hasn't been treated with chemicals. There is a website with all natural fiber bedding etc. that is chemical free but I can't remember its name. You could probably find it with a bit of googling though.

Best,
Sushi

acer2000

I have had very good luck with LL Bean stuff. It feels very inert to me. And you can send anything back any time if there is a problem.