• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

23andMe testing final results?

taroki

Just a quick question. Do you guys get email notification with the final results in a chart like format? I have been receiving emails over the past few days with the Health Traits and the Ancestry information, and it has completed step 6 of 6. But no complete chart yet which is what I have been waiting for (like what everyone else has posted on this forum).

How long does it take to arrive? I am very excited and really looking forward to my results.

leela

Hi Taroki,

If you mean the chart with the red, yellow and green that indicates the SNPs and their risk alleles, you'll need to download your raw data from 23&me, then upload it to geneticgenie, and/or mthfrsupport. There is also Promethease, which gives lots of good info but not in that color-coded format. Hope this helps.

helen1

And also Livewello is a good website which gives you more methylation and detox results than geneticgenie, also in chart format, but you do have to pay, I think it's $20.
You can find your raw data in the top right hand corner of your personal 23andme page.

taroki

Wow, so many! So what would you suggest if I wanted to know what I need to take for proper detox/methylation support, as well as the results to show my naturopathic doctor?

leela

Wow, so many! So what would you suggest if I wanted to know what I need to take for proper detox/methylation support, as well as the results to show my naturopathic doctor?
I would suggest running your raw 23&me data through both geneticgenie and livewello (or its other names) because you will get different stuff from both of them that you can learn from and show your doctor.

If you want to totally overload yourself with information you can download Amy Yasko's book "Autism: Pathways to Recovery"
for free.

taroki

I just signed up at Livewello and paid $19.95 USD for access to 23andMe app but when the page refreshes, it brings me back to the button which asks for paypal checkout. I wonder what I am doing wrong?

leela

Sorry you're having trouble, Taroki. I'm afraid I added to the confusion with a personal brainfart wherein I thought livewello
was another web address for MTHFR.net....they are different it turns out. Sorry!

Still, I'd just email livewello if I were you and get help from them. I'm sure you can sort it out easily. Good luck!

bel canto

Leela -I also quoted MTHFR.net for the expanded SNP analysis, but it doesn't seem to appear there. I did find it on MTHFR.com. I'm not sure what the connection between the two sites is, but it's very confusing.

leela

Leela -I also quoted MTHFR.net for the expanded SNP analysis, but it doesn't seem to appear there. I did find it on MTHFR.com. I'm not sure what the connection between the two sites is, but it's very confusing.
Well, I'm a little glad I'm not the only confused one :redface:

taroki

I paid for a Promethease Report today ($5) and was wondering what is the best method to print everything to show to my new doctor next week?

Also, what are you guys printing out to show to your doctors? There are so many pages, not sure which is useful and which is not.