• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Molybdenum problems, addressing CBS mutations, activated charcoal?

Hi all.

I am having trouble with molybdenum. My practitioner wanted me to start out at 50 mcg and work up to 500. Knowing that I am sensitive to many supplements, I chose to start at 25, then went to 37.5 and now at 50 which has taken me a month to do because I experience adverse symptoms for about 4 days after upping the dose. It is quite a dramatic increase in symptoms...more fatigue and major depression.

I am taking yucca root. I'm sure it's helped some, but not enough obviously. I am wondering about doing charcoal flushes, but am confused as to how often to do them. Yasko says once a week, but this doesn't seem to be enough.

So, my questions are have others experienced this and how often can I do charcoal flushes? Or are there suggestions on how to better tolerate it?

I am also doing the low-sulfur diet.

Thank you for your input! I don't see my practitioner for another two weeks and would appreciate some insight.

Call your practitioner. With major depression as a side effect, please don't wait another two weeks.
Thank you Critterina. I actually have contacted her, but the response was limited to say the least. I may not have emphasized the urgency of the situation when I contacted her though. Thanks again, I appreciate your concern and sense of urgency! :)

Critterina

Thank you Critterina. I actually have contacted her, but the response was limited to say the least. I may not have emphasized the urgency of the situation when I contacted her though. Thanks again, I appreciate your concern and sense of urgency! :)
Now if I can only practice what I preach! :p