• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tried Ionic Magnesium Transdermally

Rand56

Prior to me trying this for the first time last night, I have been spraying magnesium oil on me. I decided to buy the Trace Minerals Ionic Magnesium liquimins to see if I could feel any difference. Started off taking it orally for only about 3 days, then last night just wanted to experiment with rubbing it on my skin. Within a very short amount of time after I applied it, I felt a taste in my mouth. I have applied much more regular magnesium oil <mag chloride solution> on me before and have never gotten a hint of an unfamiliar taste in my mouth. The most major sub-ingredient in this Ionic Mag, besides Mag, is chloride. Just like what regular Mag oil spray is, magnesium chloride. it also has only negligible amounts of other minerals in it.

So I'm assuming I just absorbed this solution better transdermally and noticed a more favorable brain effect, better than taking it orally, and better than the regular mag oil spray.

Has anyone else tried this before? I actually have some Angstrom liguid mag and zinc on order. Gonna try this method with the zinc too and continue the transdermal application with the mag.

You still get some stickiness on the skin after applying, but nothing more than you would get sraying
regular mag oil on you.

Rand

perchance dreamer

That's really interesting, Rand, since that product is designed for oral use. It's great you've had a good effect applying it transdermally.

I use Ancient Minerals Magnesium Oil on my skin at night, and it really stings and irritates for the 15 minutes before I can rinse it off. Does the Trace Minerals Ionic Magnesium sting when you apply it to your skin?

Rand56

That's really interesting, Rand, since that product is designed for oral use. It's great you've had a good effect applying it transdermally.

I use Ancient Minerals Magnesium Oil on my skin at night, and it really stings and irritates for the 15 minutes before I can rinse it off. Does the Trace Minerals Ionic Magnesium sting when you apply it to your skin?[/quote

Yes I get a bit of a sting while applying it, but it really isn't anything worse than regular mag oil.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I actually have some Angstrom liguid mag and zinc on order. Gonna try this method with the zinc too and continue the transdermal application with the mag.
I am very interested in hearing how you do with the zinc. I take zinc for macular degeneration and have some digestive issues with it.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@Rand56
thanks so much for posting this - I have some ionic minerals that I can't tolerate orally. Today I will try them on my skin. Over the past 10days I've been trying a concoction of mineral powder mix with coconut oil blended and spreading that on my skin, what a faff and what a mess I make - it goes a funny dark purple colour.
I'll post back what my reaction is.

Rand56

Update:

I applied it again to my last previous area, underneath side of forearms, and I got more sting this time. For anyone trying it, you might want to rotate areas of application.

Rand

If you want to reduce sting, you could try mixing it with regular body lotion. I mixed half and half. It stopped the sting and reduced some of the stickyness too.