• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tingling Feeling

Christopher

Does anyone feel that a tingling sensation is part of their viral symptoms? I used to feel tingling body-wide when I would feel some sort of strong emotion (happiness, sadness, anger, anxiety). I usually get it now when I watch or listen to something that "moves" me emotionally, if you can understand (also when I urinate - no comments please!).

Wondering if I'm alone in that regard. No replies would let me know that's the case!

Christopher

Also, when I tried taking inosine as an immune stimulant, I got major tingling all over my body for the next 24 hours. Was really uncomfortable.

http://phoenixrising.me/research-2/...erview/human-herpes-virus-6-hhv-6-and-disease

HHV-6A and the Blood Vessels

HHV-6A infection of the endothelial cells lining the blood vessels could cause a central nervous system vasculitis. Vasculitis – the inflammation of a blood or lymph vessel – can cause reduced blood flow. Researchers proposed that the low blood flow to the basal ganglia in a case of HHV-6 encephalopathy was due to an HHV-6 caused vasculitis. Brain scans and other evidence suggest to Dr. Hyde that vasculitis of the CNS and other parts of the body plays a major role in CFS (Click here). In vitro studies that indicate HHV-6 can infect the endothelial cells which line the blood vessels suggest it could induce vasculitis.
HHV-6A induces T-cells to fuse together form giant polynucleate cells (Mori et al. 2002). A recent study indicated HHV-6A is able to induce cellular fusion simply by binding with the CD 46 protein. Since epithelial and endothelial cells appear most at risk from this process it is possible HHV-6 can alter blood vessel functioning as it travels through the blood stream.

If some of our bodies' blood vessels are infected, that may prevent us from being able to properly control our blood pressure.

Christopher

1000mg in the morning.

That's about what I took for 2 days that gave me the bad reaction. I felt ok the first night, but when I woke up the next morning I was gasping for air and my skin was tingling all over my body, with a twisting feeling near my pancreas. Very strange.