• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is this a good treatment option...input please.

Hello,

I began drinking nettle leaf tea and taking mg and ca last Friday as well as the foot bath with these and vit c. They seemed to help with my difficulty breathing. But then today, I had the head pressure again and am just not sure what's helping/hurting.

I read that nettle contains quercetin. And I remember seeing in the past that those with COMT (I think that was the SNP) should avoid quercetin. I have COMT defective so now am not sure about the team. It also contains boron, and I think I've already depleted my sulfur b/c I've been on a low sulfur diet and probably went too far with it. So is boron from the tea a bad idea right now too?

Anyone have insight into this?

Thank you.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hello,

I began drinking nettle leaf tea and taking mg and ca last Friday as well as the foot bath with these and vit c. They seemed to help with my difficulty breathing. But then today, I had the head pressure again and am just not sure what's helping/hurting.

I read that nettle contains quercetin. And I remember seeing in the past that those with COMT (I think that was the SNP) should avoid quercetin. I have COMT defective so now am not sure about the team.

Anyone have insight into this?

Thank you.

Mindy, I'd guess you have written more about your symptoms and tests somewhere else, but it might be good to put it here too, as most of us don't know what you are trying to treat.

Note: aside from issues with COMP, quercetin will slow down your phase one detox--which might be helfpul, or not, depending on how fast it is now.

Best,
Sushi

Sushi - Yes, I've been posting on other boards, but last Fri. was posting here about what seems to be high histamine. My nutritionist assumes so b/c I'm all of a sudden having sensitivity to multiple foods and chemicals (nearly everything).

It's progressively worsened over the past month where I'm having chest tightness, difficulty breathing for hours after eating and head pressure. I was also on a low sulfur diet (almost no sulfur) for about 5 wks, and my dr. thinks I went too far with it.

I think my methylation is probably messed up b/c of all this so, slowing down liver detox is probably not good. Wonder if that's why the head pressure has increased again after a couple of days drinking the nettle tea? Thank you...I've been having a difficult time over the past few wks and have been unable to get help from any dr. after several visits (including Mayo ER).