• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone Healed via Methylation/Yasko Protocol?

xchocoholic

The last i saw was that Fred uses supplements not injections.

I didn't make any propress with b12 injections in the first 15 years of being a pwc because i was eating gluten and
I have the celiac dq2 gene. This is a simple test that no one
bothered to run.

I'm not a b12 supporter because my b12 was in the 200 range after my ataxia
and most of my other cfs symptoms had vanished via diet changes in 2005.

. Using mb12 subliguals for about a year in 2007 my b12 rose to an off the chart level
but i didn't see any progress. I stopped because of the lack of research on high
b12. We know our bodies work to balance nutrients so i didn't want to see
reprocussions down the line.

I can no longer tolerate mb12, adb12 or p5p. This could be from a parasite
and h pylori infection i got 2 years ago tho. I'm still working on the parasites.

It's a shame this is all so complicated. At least we have the internet to
research this. tc. x

Sparrowhawk

I am also a Fredd's protocol success story. I agree that the gut is important BUT the only thing that healed my gut was getting enough of the the Methyl B12. I did the sublinguals and finally decided to do injections---no kidding my gut improved within a few weeks of having an injection a day. I, too could not tolerate very many foods but can now eat just about anything. I only have to do an injection every 3 days or so now and I don't have to take near as many supplements. I am so thankful to have my life back, the Methyl B12 was the key player for me.
Rock on, that's really encouraging to hear, thanks and congratulations!

GypsyA:
Are you asking if I could start a "Who's recovered and how" type of thread? I wish I could, to give others hope, but I wouldn't feel comfortable posting about other people if that's what you meant. You might want to look into the GAPS diet. I know several people who've had significant GI healing on it, including myself. From what I've read, the vegetarian way is not helpful for damaged guts.

Yes, I guess that's what I was thinking/hoping, but I see how it wouldn't be a polite thing to do. I'll search for Catseye posts and I'm sure I'll eventually come across the other success posts as I continue reading the forum posts. Thanks!

As for not being able to heal on the vegetarian diet...I guess I'll start a thread here to share the news with others if I'm successful in healing myself. I'm a life-long vegetarian. I've healed from things before, with a raw vegan diet, but this time the lyme bacteria is causing huge issues...and now I have the added CFS and Epstein Barr. Anyway, if I succeed in healing, I'll be sure to offer hope to others who wonder if it's possible on a vegetarian diet. :)

Congrats, Idie, and thanks for sharing your success!!! How exciting!!

Thanks, Red04, for the link.

My daughter has been feeling better by starting with some simple changes...consistent D3, DCI (for her PCOS), L-Tyrosine, and Lithium Orotate. She takes a 5,000mcg Methyl B12 every few days, but we were advised to start slow with that since it can sometimes cause more issues (or be wasted because of gut issues).

Her GI Effects and amino acid tests just arrived, so I'm asking her to stop her supplements for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday...do the tests on Monday, and then resume her supplements on Tuesday. Maybe after that she should consider taking the B12 more often to see if she feels even better? I'll read the Fredd's protocol and learn some more about that.

Red04

My wife seems to have two subsets of problems held off by two separate groups of supplements:

• Subset 1 = CFS/anxiety/depression This is corrected with adb12/mb12/LCF/methylfolate/multi B
  • Subset 2 = Immune response. Her immune system goes on vacation without some combo of the cofactors vit D, vit C, Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc
Subset 1 & 2 seem to act independently. My hypothesis is that it is all due to absorption problems, but I just don't know. She tested negative for celiac but we have not tried gluten free as following the protocol provides positive results.

PennyIA

I'm another semi-success story. I'm following a modified protocol and it was primarily the massive dose I am up to for methylfolate that has provided me the most results. I'm also one of those 'I don't know if it's really ME/CFS'... and even then I'm probably at 90% by following both gut health improvement, acupuncture, reducing toxins, life changes as well as the modified protocol.

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
As helen1, I have kept track of some testimonies regarding methylation. So far, I have 6 persons in this forum and that old one of prohealth that got normal sleep patterns (getting sleepy at night etc) and refreshing sleep from the simplified protocol or yasko lite. I have only looked a few hours. Since my worst problem is sleep I have focused on that, for the same reasons as helen1, for hope and to get some anecdotal evidence.

Getting refreshing sleep again would mean the world to me. Would be a dream fulfilled. Really.

I think is safe to expect improvement from methylation if you have low serum glutathione and a handful of SNP´s, but expecting complete recovery would be maybe too much IMO because often there are other things like leaky gut which are as important as the detox pathways.

trollo

guys, i dont want to go offtopic, but nobody is concerned about cancer related issues due to high Methylfolate and methylcobalamine doses??

trollo

As helen1, I have kept track of some testimonies regarding methylation. So far, I have 6 persons in this forum and that old one of prohealth that got normal sleep patterns (getting sleepy at night etc) and refreshing sleep from the simplified protocol or yasko lite. I have only looked a few hours. Since my worst problem is sleep I have focused on that, for the same reasons as helen1, for hope and to get some anecdotal evidence.

Getting refreshing sleep again would mean the world to me. Would be a dream fulfilled. Really.

I think is safe to expect improvement from methylation if you have low serum glutathione and a handful of SNP´s, but expecting complete recovery would be maybe too much IMO because often there are other things like leaky gut which are as important as the detox pathways.

Beyond, what kind of anecdotal 'evidence' are u referring to???

peggy-sue

I can't help with methylation stuff, but do please try to persuade your daughter to get an electronic vapouriser for her nicotine habit rather than using tobacco "stinkies".

They are becoming very trendy indeed - and they really work..
I've converted after 40 years on stinkies, and am feeling SO much better for it.

I have more energy - more oxygen in my blood, loosing the carbon monoxide, my lungs are starting to heal, I don't suffer so much from cold fingers and toes, and it costs a heck of a lot less.
It's a simple change to make - and an absolute no-brainer for the advantages. :thumbsup:

Post your questions here as they come up, and there are several people who will be able to answer. Yasko's forum is also a good place, especially if you're following a straight up Yasko protocol. The moms there are very knowledgeable and happy to answer questions.

Greenshots is probably the best example of someone who's recovered on a Yasko protocol. I believe she's back to work. She worked with a good doc.

I've had a 50% improvement in adrenals and thyroid based on the amount of meds/supps I've been able to reduce. I'm taking a break to work on the gut, but I have every reason to believe I can get the thyroid/adrenals working 100%. I'm doing what I would call "Yasko lite".

Check out the links in my signature starting with the Methylation Made Easy videos.
Hi Caledonia. Do you know who Greensheets Dr was My methylatiin dr quit

Thanks
Dfox

ahmo

@GypsyA, It's a few months since you opened this conversation. I'm actually one of those people who ticked 80% improvement on Freddd's Protocol. However, I've just seen an MD's scale of wellness, intended for other MDs to rate patients. According to that, I'm about 40% healed, as I'm pretty sedentary, not employable. But I rated it so high because I feel so much better. No longer living in misery, no longer hostage to my nervous system.

I've written to comment on the diet issue. I, too, was a 30-year vegetarian. When I was spiralling downward after 8.5 years ME/CFS, I encountered the GAPS diet. The name, Gut and Psychology Syndrome, immediately resonated. But the diet plan...animal based...was appalling. 24 hours later, I decided I needed to go for it. Within 3 days of starting the diet, my nervous system calmed. By week 2 my frozen shoulder and Dupuytrens Contractures released. I'm just coming up to my 2 year mark. I'm absolutely certain that the animal fats have played a role in my healing. As well as eliminating all starches to allow the gut to heal, not just eliminating gluten and dairy. I've since uncovered sulfur and histamine intolerance, so my diet's very limited, but the healing continues.

I'm also doing Yasko-lite. I use some of her supp advice, some from others, but high in minerals, fatty acids. I've been using 4 of her RNA formulae, one I no longer need, the others I've been able to reduce as methylation gets better. And I've been on Freddd's Protocol for 9 months. Each of the elements of the Deadlock Quartet have made a difference, as has the advice re B vitamins, how to progress. I'm healing myself, something I didn't think possible 2 years ago. Please keep in mind, as many others have said, you've just entered into a marathon, this is not a sprint! Best wishes to you and your daughter, ahmo

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I'm actually one of those people who ticked 80% improvement on Freddd's Protocol. However, I've just seen an MD's scale of wellness, intended for other MDs to rate patients. According to that, I'm about 40% healed, as I'm pretty sedentary, not employable. But I rated it so high because I feel so much better. No longer living in misery, no longer hostage to my nervous system.
Maybe you and your MD rated your recovery differently because you have different understandings of the illness. The MD is looking at mostly externals like how physically active you are and if/how much you could work. You have a first-hand knowledge of the breadth and depth of the disorders that this illness produces. You were probably aware of a lot of aspects of healing that the MD was not.

joshi81

My opinion about digestion and my experience... the best supplement i took are Digest Gold from Enzymedica, i tried many probiotic (and also other enzyme brand) in these years but nothing happened why? because my intestine had wrong PH in variuos sites and the wrong PH made the bad bacteria to flourish and good ones not having the chance to grow. You can throw in all the ferments you want but if there is an inospital envirorment (wrong ph) they will never grow up and flourish leaving free space to toher prganisms which flourish on that Ph.
And what cause a wrong ph in the intestine? ... bad digestion, if undigested food reach parts of the intestine where it shouldn't be it is fermented or putrefacted by bacteria and the result from putrefaction and fermentation change the ph of intestine.
So in my case using a good brand of enzymes has been crucial before using any probiotic.
I noted the changes in my stool and now i made every day what i call "a perfect poo"... the kind of enzymes are important, for example i did not had the same result with Houston trienza or zyme prime... digest gold instead was miracolous in changing my stools maybe because it has a far more enzymatic streght per capsule expecially of lipase..

ahmo

knackers323

I'm not saying the methylation cycle isn't the underlying cause of cfs but I keep hearing people say that it definatly is. If so why arnt people getting cured?

ahmo

Hi knackers. In my understanding and experience, once things crash, healing is a long process. If you read some of Freddd's posts, even though he now has a vastly greater understanding from when he started this journey, there are still cycles of healing that continue, with their own particular needs and time needed. Some things might be too damaged to fully heal. Our notion of "cure" has been overlaid with mainstream medicine/Pharma's tempting "Magic Bullet" approach. Real life is not like that. We've been affected by environmental assaults on, for many of us, compromised genetic make-up. In the GAPS diet community, there's a frequent message to newbies, Think of this as a marathon, not a sprint. I've been disabled for 10.5 years. I've been healing for 2, through diet and methylation. And I had many ailments for decades before the ME/CFS collapse. As I said earlier in the thread, my feelings of well-being now are at odds with the fact that I'm still not able to do much of 'being in the world'. In some ways I feel better now than I have any time in my life. I guess Cure is a work in progress. cheers, ahmo

Freddd

@ahmo

My internist, who I have had since May, 2003, just a few days before starting MeCbl, has said, "I have never seen anybody so close to the edge come back like this".

I distinguish between the periods of feeling a lot better and rehabilitation. I felt a lot better long before I could much more and what I found would heal my heart and grow my muscles and reverse the edema. Getting the benefits of the carnitine and eliminating folate insufficiency changed everything

On the 10 point energy scale, I spent 20 years at 0 to 5. Now and the past 4-5 years, while I have had my ups and downs I have been 10 on that scale. I can exercise at an age appropriate level and do everything else. What limits me now is mostly pain from the car wreck and the neurological damage and has nothing at all to do with CFS/FMS/ME.

In my experience it takes about a year to heal to the point of being able to start rehabilitation.

ahmo

@Freddd, As always, your attention to process is greatly appreciated. Distinguishing between wellness and rehabilitation is really useful. I recently watched a doco about exercise benefits. Since then I've been doing high intensity training (HIT). Through 2012 I'd progressed from 4" slow jogging on a rebounder to 9 minutes, ready to move up to 10. Now I'm doing 30 seconds flat out, break to recuperate, then 15 seconds flat-out, recupe, and another 15 seconds. I'm really liking this form, and I'll slowly increase each segment. The suggestion for regular folks is still only 3"/day. Dr. Michael Mosley, creator of the series, had a 23% improvement in blood glucose levels after 4 weeks. So even in exercise, there are still things to look forward to. :smug: Hope your wedding celebrations were wonderful. May 2014 bring much to celebrate. ahmo