• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Quest Diagnostic Codes?

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I gave my doc a list of labs I wanted run but she cannot find the diagnostic codes in the Quest directory for the following. Does anyone know what they are?

NK Cells, T Suppressor, Cocksackie Antibodies

Thanks

I found NK cells but not the others. May not be available through them.

SOC

minkeygirl, just in case you're not aware.... NK cell numbers are often normal in PWME while NK cell function is not. You might want to consider if you want to pay for a NK cell number test. I don't think (although I'm not certain) that Quest has an NK cell function test.

Have you considered a Cytotoxic T-cell (CD8+) numbers test? That's another immune abnormality that's seen in ME/CFS.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Someone told me what to get. Doc already sent the lab order so this will have to so for now. Plenty to work with.

Thanks.

SOC

Someone told me what to get. Doc already sent the lab order so this will have to so for now. Plenty to work with.

Thanks.

Good luck with the tests. I hope they find something you can treat (and thereby improve your quality of life). :)

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Good luck with the tests. I hope they find something you can treat (and thereby improve your quality of life). :)

Thanks SOC. I know I have some viruses going on. I've been taking 1200 mgs Acyclovir and it's the one thing I know helps. Subtle but it helps. I'm waiting to see if the new doc will RX them or another antiviral for me which would be considerably cheaper than what I had been paying.

She also asked me to get MTHFR done which I did with 23andME so there is a lot to tackle.

And yes, I'm not looking for a cure. I'm looking to keep me where I am for as long as we can. If I feel better then that is a bonus.

Minks