• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

methyl b12 without fructose?

Hi there,
I have attempted methylation protocol once with disastrous results. At first we thought it was potassium deficiency, but now that I'm looking at the ingredients on all the suggested supplements they all have fructose or sweetener of some sort (xylitol, sorbitol, etc etc) or something else I can't have (rice flour, soy, gluten, etc). I have severe fructose malabsorption and can't tolerate any amount of that stuff. Is my only option injections or does anyone know of B12 supplements that are free of all typical allergens/sugars? I have SEVERE leaky gut and react to gluten, soy, corn, rice, sugar, fructose, eggs, dairy. It seems impossible to find a supplement that is free of ALL these things.

I found a spray ( http://n4hresearch.com/nutritional_supplements/B-12-MC-Spray.html ) but you can't divide the dose as easily, and I am so sensitive to everything that I have to start at super low doses of everything.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

helen1

I know several people on this forum that have done very well with their sprays so am considering ordering some myself, just need to do a bit more research, you know how that goes...

Cool, thanks helen!

minkeygirl--compounding is a good idea. I already have one other supplement compounded, not sure why I didn't think of that. :p Thanks!

Critterina

I found a spray ( http://n4hresearch.com/nutritional_supplements/B-12-MC-Spray.html ) but you can't divide the dose as easily, and I am so sensitive to everything that I have to start at super low doses of everything.

I'm thinking you could spray once into a glass of water or onto something that you might eat or onto a few cotton balls...and then just hold that in your mouth a while. You could divide the dose that way. That's my thought.

caledonia

Hi there,
I have attempted methylation protocol once with disastrous results. At first we thought it was potassium deficiency, but now that I'm looking at the ingredients on all the suggested supplements they all have fructose or sweetener of some sort (xylitol, sorbitol, etc etc) or something else I can't have (rice flour, soy, gluten, etc). I have severe fructose malabsorption and can't tolerate any amount of that stuff. Is my only option injections or does anyone know of B12 supplements that are free of all typical allergens/sugars? I have SEVERE leaky gut and react to gluten, soy, corn, rice, sugar, fructose, eggs, dairy. It seems impossible to find a supplement that is free of ALL these things.

My suggestion is to not do methylation at this time, but to instead work on fixing the leaky gut. I've already been down this route and had to stop methylation and go back and work my leaky gut. The reason is that methylation will increase your need for magnesium/potassium. With leaky gut, it will leak out as fast as you put it in. In my case, it became an impossible situation where I was getting alternating overdose and deficiency symptoms, neither of which are pleasant and could even be dangerous due to the effect on the heart.

My research is showing that the best way to fix leaky gut is with a 4R gut rebuilding program. The 4 "R"s are: Remove, Replace, Reinoculate, and Repair. You need to do stool testing to see what bad bugs and imbalances you may have, then work through the program to correct them, and then also fix the gut lining.

i've been using doctor's best mb12 for a few weeks now, it has cellulose as a filler and nothing else. Because my wife has issues with cellulose, I ordered some pure mb12 powder today. We'll see how it goes when it arrives.