• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gut Research

GracieJ

Sparrowhawk

I unfolded the paper and showed an article along the lines of your first one, above, to my wife this very morning.

I've been fascinated but the whole topic of gut biome since I ran into that Michael Pollan article (some of my best friends are germs) about two months ago. I then went and read up about fecal transplants and how that had really helped people with ulcerative colitis among other GI issues.

I sent off a sample to American Gut Project but it takes 6 months for them to gene map your gut.

I'm really hopeful this may be one of the keys to restoring people's health for many diseases including ME/CFS.

Very early days though.

physicsstudent13

I'm having bad IBS attacks, constipation, exhaustion, fogginess. I started taking glutamine again and will start fiber, probiotics maybe. I'm on berberine 2000mg/day

Thinktank

Sparrowhawk. I also just sent a sample to the American gut project, too bad it takes 6 months for them to sequence it but better late than never. I've also bought a kit from Ubiome and it should arrive sometime next month, that's another company that sequences DNA from your microbiome. Check out http://ubiome.com/

I'm very fascinated about the latest findings on the human microbiome as well. The findings they are making are extremely important. You are not just who you think you are, your microbiome IS you and determines who you WILL be.

Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk. I also just sent a sample to the American gut project, too bad it takes 6 months for them to sequence it but better late than never. I've also bought a kit from Ubiome and it should arrive sometime next month, that's another company that sequences DNA from your microbiome. Check out http://ubiome.com/

I'm very fascinated about the latest findings on the human microbiome as well. The findings they are making are extremely important. You are not just who you think you are, your microbiome IS you and determines who you WILL be.
Hey thanks and I agree it is a long time to wait. I will check out Ubiome. I just sent of a Genova test today ordered by my nutitionist but I'm thinking that one is more focused on parasites and function than sequencing.