• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Olanzapine-anyone tried it for ME

My Dr wants me to try clonazapine off label for my ME which is really bad. I have just googled this drug and omg I didn`t realise what class of drug it was. How on earth can a drug like this be prescribed for ME. There is no way I will even consider it given that I am so sensitive to any kind of meds. I think I need to change to a new Dr!

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
My Dr wants me to try clonazapine off label for my ME which is really bad. I have just googled this drug and omg I didn`t realise what class of drug it was. How on earth can a drug like this be prescribed for ME. There is no way I will even consider it given that I am so sensitive to any kind of meds. I think I need to change to a new Dr!

Do you mean clonazepam or klonopin? If so, many here take a very low dose. I do and find it very helpful. Others though have had problems with tolerance though usually with higher doses.

Best,
Sushi

Sorry everyone. in my brain fogged state I got it wrong. I meant olanzapine. its an anti psychotic drug I believe. hence I need to change dr......I think

beaker

ME/cfs 1986
Sorry everyone. in my brain fogged state I got it wrong. I meant olanzapine. its an anti psychotic drug I believe. hence I need to change dr......I think
The suggestion from your doctor to use this anti-psychotic means he doesn't have a clue about ME/CFS.
It is a powerful anti-psychotic that is used to treat delusions. Your illness and your symptoms are not delusions. They are very real.
I would run, not walk to a new doctor.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I'm not defending the doctor but could he have suggested it to you for sleep? I know people who take Seroquel for sleep and that is for bi-polar disorder.

If it's just to give you to straighten you out, then I'm with beaker. Head for the hills.

The suggestion from your doctor to use this anti-psychotic means he doesn't have a clue about ME/CFS.
It is a powerful anti-psychotic that is used to treat delusions. Your illness and your symptoms are not delusions. They are very real.
I would run, not walk to a new doctor.

You are so right. im running. Why oh why do they do this to us. I can`t understand it. I was told yesterday that is helps `symptoms` of ME. But being delusional aint one of them in my case!
Could you please tell me what you use?

your ME. I have severe fatigue. Unrefreshed sleep. chronic anxiety because of it. IBS. brain fog. the list goes on and on. All lab work comes back normal. Ive lost loads of weight cos of it over 18 months. ive had it for 9 years but its just got worse over the last 9 months.It started after a campylobacter infection 9 years ago. im at my wits end now.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
For sleep, it's trial and error to find what works for you. I take Trazodone. Some people take up to 10 different things. Look around and you'll see.

I have IBS-C which I manage with diet and acacia fiber.

Brain fog is still a work in progress.

The thing that has made the most difference for me is Acyclovir since mine started with a virus that I never recovered from in 95. I can think better and I can talk without getting exhausted.

I"m looking into oxymatrine, I just ordered some Moducare. I did 23andME for methylation.

If you don't have a doc to help, which you don't, then type "sleep meds" in the search bar and start there. Search for threads that address your problems and one by one start looking for things to take.

It can be done without a doctor.

Minks