• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mold Exposure?

roxie60

Anyone investigated mold's potential impact or cause of some of our symps? I did find a thread that discussed prolactin being high if have mold exposure. I just found some mold this afternoon in my basement on some cardboard containers (apparently the pepsi cans leaked). I used what little strength I had today and thew away the the containers I found with mold on them and tried to clean up the surfaces. I will be throwing out with garbage tonight.

Just wondering is there any blood test, any test that will check our systems for mold exposure? Mu prolactin was just tested last week and was like 10.2 so it was in range. Is high prolactin th only test for mold exposure or toxicity?

Hugocfs

There was a post on PR a few months back about a study showing that chronic fatigue patients have higher levels of mold toxins in their blood compared to the general population. This is probably due to our poor ability to detox just about everything it seems. I don't know of any specific tests that can be done, but it is probably safe to assume that your mold toxin level is on the high side too. A good binder to help get rid of aflatoxins is bentonite clay. Personally I am concentrating on heavy metals right now, but I do take bentonite clay two days a week. On those days, I do seemto feel consistently a little better.

Hugocfs

Hugocfs Are there detox effects when first taking the clay? If only taking two days a week is that for maintenance or is that the recommended dose? thx
Like I said, I am concentrating on heavy metals right now. But also, Mondays and Fridays I take Pectasol Detox Formula for lead and pesticides, Tuesdays and Thursday I take bentonite clay for mold toxins and herbicides, and Wednesday I take charcoal for hydrocarbons. Weekends I don't detox, just remineralize. After researching things, this is what I came up with for myself. I guess you could say I am doing this for maintenance, to keep things down to a low boil. Anyway, I never experienced any detox symptoms. If you want a one size fits all binder, chlorella might be a good option for you. But in my case, I wasn't interested in taking dozens of pills each day. I take enough stuff already. Also, I read about varying quality in chlorella products and wasn't sure what was a good one.

Sparrowhawk

There have been a few threads on mold that I could find, which has been top of mind for me as we are in the middle of a mold remediation at our house.

Regarding testing, there's the Dr. Shoemaker site that has visual tests and these: http://www.survivingmold.com/diagnosis/lab-tests But I contacted them and they said he's not taking new patients so you'd have to find an MD willing to do them, and then he consults on interpretation. There's a list of MD's on his site trained by him. I haven't pursued this further. Just too overwhelmed.