• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I got my 23andme results? Now what?

boo85

Hi all. You may know my story around here. I have been having neurological symptoms since January of this year. I tried taking both cyano and methyl cobalamin but I would have really bad reactions to it (anxiety, paranoia, panic attacks, depression), even though it did clear my neurological symptoms, it messed with me mentally.

So I got 23andme testing done, but how do I post the results and where do I find it?

thanks.

UM MAN

All files need to be unzipped first.

I unzipped my 23andme data file into a txt file.
I started the JAVA pgm.
I pointed the first database at an unzipped entry ".....genes_O.h2.db" it said "ONE.PERCENT"
I pointed the second database at my unzipped 23andme TXT file.
RAN ANALYZE ....... it ended in a second
The two line report had headings but no data

I'm doing something wrong or my expectations were way to big.

UM MAN

I started the JAVA pgm.
I pointed the first database at an unzipped entry ".....genes_O.h2.db" it said "ONE.PERCENT"

I'm doing something wrong or my expectations were way to big.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
I reran everything again, and this time it worked....
OK, I have 3 pages of selected SNPs to research now....
REALLY, thank you Vanentijn for this tool.

Are you considering an option to choose? say 2%, 5%, 10%, etc?????/

Valentijn

I started the JAVA pgm.
Did a progress bar ever come up? The file should be "one_percent", not "ONE.PERCENT".

Here's a screenshot of how it should look prior to analysis - the first button should look exactly the same, and the 2nd one should have your 23andMe file:
genesanalysis.gif

Valentijn

UM MAN - it's also important to be sure that the executable Genes java file is extracted. It'll let you open the program if it isn't extracted, but it won't analyze. We'll do another update soon with a check to make sure everything is properly unzipped.