• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Blum and the Immune System Recovery book

Did anybody else read The Immune System Recovery Plan book by dr Susan Blum or visit her in Rye, NY. She is an autoimmune disease doctor with functional medicine approach (food, stress mgmt and supplements)
The book is very interesting and easy to read and explains well what can affect your immune system e.g. gluten and other food, stress (not just adrenal), leaky gut and liver issues. She claims to be able to heal/improve people with autoimmune diseases, as she did for herself.

I did read the book and started some of the parts of the protocol and feel better.
After the failed hepapressin/immunoprop trial at Enlander’s office which left me more sick than I was before I'm taking things in my own hands, I also stopped believing that a single pill/supplement can fix the problem.

This book is a really good starting point to some of this topics and is much easier to follow and more realistic than other books e.g. From Fatigued to Fantastic or than browsing thru forums.

her website
http://www.blumcenterforhealth.com/

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
Thanks tinek, I enjoyed her segment on Dr Oz and glad to hear that it seems to be working for you. I just found it at my library, so anyone interested might want to check it out before buying it. It sounds like it might be a good reference manual to own though :)

Sasha

Fine, thank you
tinek - just want to thank you again for this - have read the book and am now trying to implement it (no mean feat) - very interesting indeed.

Hi Sasha, are you still implementing?
My headaches cleared after 2 months gluten/corn free :) And the l-glutamine for leaky gut seems to be a magic ingredient for my energy levels...

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Hi Sasha, are you still implementing?
My headaches cleared after 2 months gluten/corn free :) And the l-glutamine for leaky gut seems to be a magic ingredient for my energy levels...

Hi tinek - still implementing (just the diet so far) - no improvement yet. Will be reviewing extra steps in the book over the next few weeks (a lot of things have got in the way!).

Glad you've had good results getting rid of your headaches!

Tired of being sick

Has anyone tried ImmunoProp?

has it helped?
ImmunoProp Pharma, Inc. manufactures, markets, and distributes four over-the-counter products for the treatment of chronic fatigue syndrome, and fibromyalgia.