• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Swedish trial of mercury binding substance IodoCarb ® for CFS

Sparrowhawk

I also have another friend on PR who is doing the Quicksilver protocol. He's quite happy on it and expects to go back to work in October.
Thanks and I hear you on that first response about it being hell. Will walk thorugh that if needed to get better. Do you have a post somewhere that details your starting point, precipitating cause(s) and other things you may have tried?

If that person on the QUicksilver protocol is willing to chat with me please ask them to contact me on the PM. Thanks again!

dannybex

Thanks very much on both accounts! Just joined there. Between this and the MTHFR stuff I'm a bit overwhelmed but it's all so intertwined. One practitioner is telling me all the viral issues will work out once my mercury burden is reduced, others are saying do antivirals...and there's debate around the safest way to do mercury chelation...argh.

Re methylation: Rich said on repeated occasions that if one has problems with the methylation supplements -- serious problems where they couldn't tolerate hardly any amounts of the supps without severe reactions -- that they should probably deal with things like heavy metals, or mold, etc., first.

I think you'll find over on the FDC group that there's little debate re the safest way to chelate...but yes, there is considerable debate online. :)

dannybex

Hi Sparrowhawk,

I did it based on muscle testing as well as intuitive reading, so not the standard Cutler protocol. My rhythm was 3 days on and 2 days off. And it was hell. Just to warn you.

Mimi

Sorry to hear that Mimi. I think they'd recommend the hair test to see what other metals/toxic compounds might be involved. And of course some need to start with tiny doses, while others can tolerate much higher doses, like with so many other protocols. I had no problem with 12.5 mg of ALA, but others were starting with 2mgs, sometime less.

Mimi

Hi Sparrowhawk,

Quicksilver Scientific does their own testing - a combination of 3 tests that they say yield far more information.

Mimi

Mimi

Re methylation: Rich said on repeated occasions that if one has problems with the methylation supplements -- serious problems where they couldn't tolerate hardly any amounts of the supps without severe reactions -- that they should probably deal with things like heavy metals, or mold, etc., first.

I think you'll find over on the FDC group that there's little debate re the safest way to chelate...but yes, there is considerable debate online. :)

Hi Dannybex,

I found s-acetyl glutathione to be quite helpful during mercury detox, but first I worked on getting my gut inflammation under control. You might check out Chris Shade's youtube vidoes on mercury detox and glutathione. From what I have seen with my friends, if you have severe inflammation in the small intestine, you won't detox as easily, and you may not tolerate much glutathione due to inflammation backing up drainage from the liver.

Mimi

dannybex

Hi Mimi,

Sorry for the late reply...

My gut's okay...just got a metametrix test back a few days ago...was kind of surprised. :)

I'm curious about the ingredients in Quicksilver's products -- I can't seem to find any info about them -- just random bits here and there. Do you have a link or info regarding the specific ingredients in their products?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

aimossy

what does iodinated mean....does it contain iodine? I know some people with ibs swear by their activated charcoal tablets. havnt tried that yet.its interesting.

Mimi

Hi Danny,

Sorry for the late reply as well. I went on two road trips, one to LA and one to Oregon. It was great. I'm now packing up to move to Oregon which is quite clean and natural and WILD.

Re: Quicksilver Scientific. If you do a search on YouTube for Chris Shade, the founder of the company, you will find some very informative lectures and PowerPoint slides on mercury detox. Dr. Shade is an expert on mercury detoxification and founded the company after he was severely sickened by improper removal of mercury fillings. I believe he did his graduate work in that area, or else it was post-grad, which is when he became ill

Mimi