• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

lithium experiences

Lotus97

Australia have the toughest customs in the world, 99% of any parcel from a supplement company is checked, dhea and pregnenolone are classed as anabolic steriods in australia, even though they are far from this. Im sure there is solutions but if caught you would be charged with trying to import restricted drugs. I just have to pay the over inflated prices here and buy them from a compounding pharmacy. Isnt that what the american govt are trying to do with supplements over there too??

cheers!!!
What if you bought a supplement that contained a lot of ingredients, but was didn't have dhea or pregnenolone in the title. It's unlikely that they'd check the bottle for all the ingredients (?) I'm not sure I'd be willing to take the risk though:devil::angel:
Like these two:
http://www.iherb.com/Life-Time-Brain-Support-Formula-60-Capsules/16806
http://www.iherb.com/Life-Enhancement-CerebroPlex-180-Capsules/2723

adreno

PR activist

Crux

Hi;
After reading posts here, Thank you all, I've decided to retry lithium orotate. I had tried it in the past for thyroid support, but didn't really give it the time and attention.

Also after reading Skyline's post that lithium may help with B12/folate transport, I'm in. I see that Lotus posted that orotic acid, ( orotate) may aid in transport.

I wonder if the folks who have found lithium to be paradoxically stimulating, experience this because of its ability to help transport B12/folate ?

Here's a report about the effects of lithium and its deficiency on rats, goats, and humans:

http://www.jacn.org/content/21/1/14.full#xref-ref-38-1

Further along in the article, is the mention of transport, and the index cites a book, " Lithium in Biology and Medicine", where this phenomenon is discussed. I wasn't able to fully access the book info., but it looks legitimate to me.

Charles555nc

LDN (low dose naltrexone) and 5-10mg Lithium (I use vitamin research products brand) are great for fighting depression and are anti viral.

taniaaust1

Maybe part of it is if we are deficient in it or not?
That's why things like hair anaysis testing is good.

I dont have anywhere near a normal level of it in my body, so low. (so Im thinking it may be more likely to be helpful for me). I think it helps bring more successes, to base treatment not just on certain symptoms but also on any abnormal findings we have

Update on my previous post.. turned out my theory of the Lithium Orotate likely to help me due to having none showing up for me in a hair test at all is wrong (wondering if this has to go throu any conversion process in the body?? maybe I dont covert it or something???). I havent had another hair analyses done to know if taking it daily for over a year has got my levels in the normal range or at least to even show up on a test but plan to do that before I quit taking it. Maybe the standard supplement dose isnt enough for me?

Ive noticed it helping NOTHING at all (so this is another supplement failure trial for me). I had high hopes that maybe due to the lithium deficiency I have, that it would at least help something or at least some mood stuff eg Premenstral Dysphoric Disorder etc. The one Ive been trialing is the Doctors Best Brand at thier standard dose (5mg Lithium from 120mg of Lithium orotate).

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I did not think the lithium orotate was helping me. I skip a lot of my supplements for a day from time to time. After the 2nd or 3rd time I skipped the Lithium, I realized that every time I did I felt more 'on edge'. Sometimes modest gradual improvements are difficult to recognize.

taniaaust1

I did not think the lithium orotate was helping me. I skip a lot of my supplements for a day from time to time. After the 2nd or 3rd time I skipped the Lithium, I realized that every time I did I felt more 'on edge'. Sometimes modest gradual improvements are difficult to recognize.

ive stopped and started it countless times while taking care to observe changes and also stayed on it for many many months at a time. It certainly hasnt helped me at all, im 100% sure of that at this point....not even a gradual change over a long time period. Ive played around with it for over a year just to make sure it wasnt doing anything.

Lala

ive stopped and started it countless times while taking care to observe changes and also stayed on it for many many months at a time. It certainly hasnt helped me at all, im 100% sure of that at this point....not even a gradual change over a long time period. Ive played around with it for over a year just to make sure it wasnt doing anything.

How about trying a different dose. I started with one daily but had to increase to 4 tabs daily to see real difference. After some time on 4 tabs daily 2 tabs are enough for me now.

taniaaust1

How about trying a different dose. I started with one daily but had to increase to 4 tabs daily to see real difference. After some time on 4 tabs daily 2 tabs are enough for me now.

Yeah that's the next thing on my to do list with it. I plan to get another hair analyses first to see if the standard dose Ive been taking has brought my levels up to normal range or not. (if it has.. I'll go no further with experiementation of this but if it hasnt.. I'll increase the dose).

I take 2-4 lithium orotates DAILY and it did NOT show up on my hair test, even after months of using it. I DO feel better from taking it.

Lotus97

the dosages of lithium that are prescribed are many many times larger than the 5 mg that are in supplements
Meryl seems to be a huge dose difference between the one used as an Nutritional supplement (5mg) and the one the psychs use (with that the lowest dose for the pharmy one I see is 150mg.. up to 600mg). So I'd think the 5mg would be completely safe.

I cant wait for an opportunity to try it :)
In supplements, there's 5 mg elemental lithium per tablet, but that's out of a total of 125 mg of lithium.
http://www.iherb.com/Doctor-s-Best-Best-Lithium-Orotate-200-Tablets/22628
Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 tablet
Servings Per Container: 200 servings
Amount per serving % Daily Value
Lithium (from 125 mg lithium orotate) 5 mg

Prescription lithium carbonate has higher percentage of elemental lithium. 300 mg of lithium carbonate has around 56.4 mg elemental lithium while 300 mg of lithium orotate would have 12 mg elemental lithium. But which value is significant in terms of toxicity? Elemental or total?

Little Bluestem

In supplements, there's 5 mg elemental lithium per tablet, but that's out of a total of 125 mg of lithium.
Lithium (from 125 mg lithium orotate) 5 mg

Prescription lithium carbonate has higher percentage of elemental lithium. 300 mg of lithium carbonate has around 56.4 mg elemental lithium while 300 mg of lithium orotate would have 12 mg elemental lithium. But which value is significant in terms of toxicity? Elemental or total?
In supplements, there's 5 mg elemental lithium per tablet, but that's out of a total of 125 mg of lithium orotate. The other 120 mg must be the rest of the orotate molecules. Elemental lithium is what is significant in terms of toxicity, although chemical form may play a role in toxicity as well. I do not know if that is the case for the various forms of lithium.

Lotus97

Update on my previous post.. turned out my theory of the Lithium Orotate likely to help me due to having none showing up for me in a hair test at all is wrong (wondering if this has to go throu any conversion process in the body?? maybe I dont covert it or something???). I havent had another hair analyses done to know if taking it daily for over a year has got my levels in the normal range or at least to even show up on a test but plan to do that before I quit taking it. Maybe the standard supplement dose isnt enough for me?

Ive noticed it helping NOTHING at all (so this is another supplement failure trial for me). I had high hopes that maybe due to the lithium deficiency I have, that it would at least help something or at least some mood stuff eg Premenstral Dysphoric Disorder etc. The one Ive been trialing is the Doctors Best Brand at thier standard dose (5mg Lithium from 120mg of Lithium orotate).
Lithium is supposed to help B12 transport. Are you taking any B12? I'm not sure if that's just for certain SNPs though.

Lala

After long time on lithium orotate I now take also minocycline and I am suspicious, that lithium somehow interacts with this drug. I got incredibly dizzy and anxious, the anxiety is related to dizziness. So I decided to stop LO. I did it abruptly and oh, I got severe depression. So went immediately back on LO. The problem is minocycline controls my abdominal pain, so it is hard to stop too. So I feel trapped now and do not know what to do. Feel kinda like dependent on LO.

Is there someone who stopped lithium o. after long time? I did not have problem to decrease LO from 20 to 10mg previously and I did it abruptly as well.

Little Bluestem

My lithium was off-the-chart high on my last hair mineral test. I cut my dose by 1/4. I have had a stressful summer and recently returned to the full dose. Lithium is in a group of minerals that they are not sure of the healthy level for.

Lala

My lithium was off-the-chart high on my last hair mineral test. I cut my dose by 1/4. I have had a stressful summer and recently returned to the full dose. Lithium is in a group of minerals that they are not sure of the healthy level for.

How much LO do you take?

Lala

I am interested in more information about LO. Does anybody know how long does it take to completely eliminate LO from the body? I found that halflife of LO is cca 20 hours, but it took me 9 days since decreasing dose to being hit with depression again. So perhaps the longer we use it the longer it stays in the body. I also found a study, where it took 1,8 day and 2,4 day to eliminate LO for longterm users (years) in dependence on how long they used it previously. Unfortunately I can not find the study again.