• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pins & Needles and Coldness in the brain??

Has any one experienced pins and needles in their brain?

I have just been reading on Dr Myhills site (with one eye to try to help my double vision!!) and it says that in ME blood flow to the brain is affected.

I said 1 so many times to the Drs....on the day that was the start of my demise (this time round) my brain went cold and then I had pins and needles in my brain, I told them have had intermittent circular 'patches' or areas in my brain that have felt like pins and needles for years, but they came and went so I ignored them.

To me - the common sense explanation for that was clearly - blood flow to my brain had stopped - thats why you get pins and needles durrr - but no one listened to me.

They also kept twisting my words and wrote in my notes, pins and needles on scalp...I kept saying NO, not on my head...in my brain!!

When I went to the consultant he said my MRI was fine - he could see there was an area where blood used to flow, but doesn't any more, but is was on an extra part of my brain that I don't need so not to worry about it....

this was the same guy, when I told him how much my legs hurt, and that I had double vision...he said ahhh, don't worry about it....this was annoying yes, but third in line to the dr who hurt me on purpose to see if I was faking paralysis, and the dr who said I was being either hysterical or abused at home.....

Really interested to know if anyone else has had this pins and needles experience xxxx

arx

Can you describe 'my brain went cold'. I also experienced something similar during my crash...extreme tingling,almost electrical in feeling,and a very cool soothing sensation in my brain,almost pleasurable! :D

Can you describe 'my brain went cold'. I also experienced something similar during my crash...extreme tingling,almost electrical in feeling,and a very cool soothing sensation in my brain,almost pleasurable! :D

Hi there! Thank you so much for responding.
I was at work at the time and the best way I can describe it is that the warmth just drained out of my head and I was very aware that my head was cold inside. Apparently at this point I cried out and held my head and my eyes rolled back. Straight after I then had pins and needles in my brain all over, and my face was numb and I was unable to move my arms or walk for about an hour.
I can definitely say it was not pleasurable for me. It was light a bolt of lightening had hit my head out of the blue. I was very sweaty and nauseous afterwards.
It would be really interesting for me to hear more of your experience if you wouldn't mind, and if it gave you any after effects??
Kindest regards, and thanks for your info, I really appreciate it
Loz xxx

arx

Hi there! Thank you so much for responding.
I was at work at the time and the best way I can describe it is that the warmth just drained out of my head and I was very aware that my head was cold inside. Apparently at this point I cried out and held my head and my eyes rolled back.

My eyes also used to change. Used to start pointing upwards,like the people who meditate on their third eye...was very freaking out..

Straight after I then had pins and needles in my brain all over, and my face was numb and I was unable to move my arms or walk for about an hour.
I can definitely say it was not pleasurable for me.

That didn't happen to me! My entire body was filled with electrifying sensations. Most profoundly my spine and brain. Lightening striked from base of my spine to my head,and my life changed.

It was light a bolt of lightening had hit my head out of the blue. I was very sweaty and nauseous afterwards.
It would be really interesting for me to hear more of your experience if you wouldn't mind, and if it gave you any after effects??
Kindest regards, and thanks for your info, I really appreciate it
Loz xxx

Well,more of it...
Had some tingling in spine to which I didn't pay any attention.I was in my university then.Tingling started around March 2011. In November 2011,it had become quite extreme,almost electrical. No mental effects yet. Then from my spine,it went to the neck,forehead,and my entire head. Mental effects started. Cognition problems,disorientation, blue and violet lights when I would close my eyes,memory impairment,fog,fatigue. Neuropsych crash happened.

Now physical sensations are pretty much gone..after 7 months of b12 treatment and 6 months of neuro meds. You're the first person I've found who's using similar words to describe a phenomenon..

I'm so excited to her of something similar!! That's sounds awful doesn't it sorry lol!

The day that it happened to me, I definitely felt it was a lightening bolt to my head, but prior to that I had been complaining of awful back ache, and I too used to complain of 'electric sensations' at the base of my spine. The electric sensations were not painful as such - its hard do describe, more weird feeling! And I couldn't bear touch at the base of my back. It would send electricity shooting if anyone touched me.

I wonder if anyone else out there has had this? It would be so interesting to find out...

Loz xxx

arx

Haha,not at all!
I'll have an in depth convo with you in some days.Have fever right now..Will message you,okay?

arx

Or maybe checked for demyelination,neurotransmitters,and vitamin b12 deficiency?